Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have the door edge guards and do you recommend them? i have opened the passenger side door on 2 different occasions to grab something off the seat and the door hit the sidewalk and scratched the bottom of the door. it seems the door opens more than on my other cars and it seems so low. twice, in 3 weeks of having the car! door edge guards?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I live in Toronto, and have the 3M on my hood, fenders, mirrors, door cups and bumper through Auto-Links (http://auto-links.ca/). However for the door edge guard, I went with the offering from Sewell Lexus (2013 CT200h: Door Edge Guards - Set of 4 - Developed exclusively for Lexus and available only through Lexus dealers, Genuine Lexus Door Edge Guards offer many advantages over typical aftermarket products. They help shield the rear vertical door edges). Couple reasons for this. 1. Our CT has pretty curvy and long doors which makes it a bit difficult to install the 3M. 2. Unlike the millions of small sand particles blasting on my front that these invisible 3M's are so good for, the impacts on the door are pretty heavy, because of the way the doors open and the hinges operate, Although the 3M door edge guard will probably take the brunt, but the engineer in me didn't believe that it will be able to "absorb" the impact when hitting a concrete or a brick wall. If you notice the door edge guard from Sewell Lexus, those things are made of steel themselves that wrap around the door but also the rolled pattern help absorbing some of the impact. Plus they are an exact colour match to your car. Bear in mind though, that none of the doord edge guards will prevent you from getting dings from other cars :)

I must say that I was spooked with the idea of hammering the door edge guards to my car. My dealership (Lexus Downtown) actually installed it for me free of charge when I got the 1,600 km (1,000 mile) inspection. That they picked up my car from home, and gave me a 2013 ES 350 replacement for the day was an icing on the cake. Coming from another make, I am kinda getting spoiled with Lexus Customer Service.

I would also like to take this opportunity to give a shout-out to Auto-Links guys. Simply the best 3M installers in the Greater Toronto Area. Their customer service, patience, value, and quality of work is simply hard to beat. They also advised me against getting the 3M door edge guard.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
409 Posts
I live in Toronto, and have the 3M on my hood, fenders, mirrors, door cups and bumper through Auto-Links (http://auto-links.ca/). However for the door edge guard, I went with the offering from Sewell Lexus (2013 CT200h: Door Edge Guards - Set of 4 - Developed exclusively for Lexus and available only through Lexus dealers, Genuine Lexus Door Edge Guards offer many advantages over typical aftermarket products. They help shield the rear vertical door edges). Couple reasons for this. 1. Our CT has pretty curvy and long doors which makes it a bit difficult to install the 3M. 2. Unlike the millions of small sand particles blasting on my front that these invisible 3M's are so good for, the impacts on the door are pretty heavy, because of the way the doors open and the hinges operate, Although the 3M door edge guard will probably take the brunt, but the engineer in me didn't believe that it will be able to "absorb" the impact when hitting a concrete or a brick wall. If you notice the door edge guard from Sewell Lexus, those things are made of steel themselves that wrap around the door but also the rolled pattern help absorbing some of the impact. Plus they are an exact colour match to your car. Bear in mind though, that none of the doord edge guards will prevent you from getting dings from other cars :)

I must say that I was spooked with the idea of hammering the door edge guards to my car. My dealership (Lexus Downtown) actually installed it for me free of charge when I got the 1,600 km (1,000 mile) inspection. That they picked up my car from home, and gave me a 2013 ES 350 replacement for the day was an icing on the cake. Coming from another make, I am kinda getting spoiled with Lexus Customer Service.

I would also like to take this opportunity to give a shout-out to Auto-Links guys. Simply the best 3M installers in the Greater Toronto Area. Their customer service, patience, value, and quality of work is simply hard to beat. They also advised me against getting the 3M door edge guard.
Yes the courtesy loaner is a treat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts