Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Door crashing into seat belt

12K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  gabbaim500@hotmail.com 
#1 ·
So my car was perfect until this incident the other day. My friend was exiting the car and pulled the seatbelt a little too much while doing so causing it to get trapped in between the inner door part and when he closed the door I heard a sickening metal crunch. The door had collided with the metal part of the seat resulting in the attached pictures.

There is a slight dent and chippage of the metal on both the inner car door frame and on the door itself. My car paint is Starfire pearl ( I know its a mix of 3 colors for the touch up paint? ) Whats the cheapest place to get the touch up paint, applying recommendations, or comments if it's even worth to go about fixing? I feel devastated by all this

See less See more
#2 ·
If it were me, I would get a new friend.. This looks like an expensive job for a professional body repair shop; I say expensive because if you want to do it right you need to repaint a larger area than just the nicks and you need to fix the dents.

#3 ·
#5 ·
But the $50 paint is much better, isn't it? Caveat Emptor. I am sure that the $50 paint includes stuff that is nice to have, like a primer, a clear coat etc. but you are right, the paint from the dealer is just fine and some people even save the clear coat from other colors and, guess what? IT IS CLEAR so it works with any color. Some of our cars are tri coat, which requires a couple of extra little bottles, but still, that is quite a profit margin.

#9 ·
You should look for a reputable "paintless dent removal" guy in your area. They can get most small dents out without a problem. But make sure you find someone that has good reviews.

Also, I've gotten touch up paint from automotivetouchup.com before. Good quality stuff!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.