Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car was perfect until this incident the other day. My friend was exiting the car and pulled the seatbelt a little too much while doing so causing it to get trapped in between the inner door part and when he closed the door I heard a sickening metal crunch. The door had collided with the metal part of the seat resulting in the attached pictures.

There is a slight dent and chippage of the metal on both the inner car door frame and on the door itself. My car paint is Starfire pearl ( I know its a mix of 3 colors for the touch up paint? ) Whats the cheapest place to get the touch up paint, applying recommendations, or comments if it's even worth to go about fixing? I feel devastated by all this

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
If it were me, I would get a new friend.. This looks like an expensive job for a professional body repair shop; I say expensive because if you want to do it right you need to repaint a larger area than just the nicks and you need to fix the dents.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually I'm confused since the Lexus dealer part shop told me their touch up paint is only $17 and it is the same paint color based on my cars ID #

·
Registered
842 Posts
actually I'm confused since the Lexus dealer part shop told me their touch up paint is only $17 and it is the same paint color based on my cars ID #
But the $50 paint is much better, isn't it? Caveat Emptor. I am sure that the $50 paint includes stuff that is nice to have, like a primer, a clear coat etc. but you are right, the paint from the dealer is just fine and some people even save the clear coat from other colors and, guess what? IT IS CLEAR so it works with any color. Some of our cars are tri coat, which requires a couple of extra little bottles, but still, that is quite a profit margin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But the $50 paint is much better, isn't it? Caveat Emptor. I am sure that the $50 paint includes stuff that is nice to have, like a primer, a clear coat etc. but you are right, the paint from the dealer is just fine and some people even save the clear coat from other colors and, guess what? IT IS CLEAR so it works with any color. Some of our cars are tri coat, which requires a couple of extra little bottles, but still, that is quite a profit margin.
Is the CT200h starfire pearl require tri coat? The dealer bottle I think is just a single bottle but how can that be if the starfire pearl requires a tricoat?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Is the CT200h starfire pearl require tri coat? The dealer bottle I think is just a single bottle but how can that be if the starfire pearl requires a tricoat?
If it's not on the exterior of the car, touch it up and call it a day. Would definitely be a waste to have it fixed by a body shop. I have Starfire Pearl. It should be two bottles. One for the white base coat and one for the pearl coat. You could do third stage with clear but I wouldn't recommend for small touchups.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it's not on the exterior of the car, touch it up and call it a day. Would definitely be a waste to have it fixed by a body shop. I have Starfire Pearl. It should be two bottles. One for the white base coat and one for the pearl coat. You could do third stage with clear but I wouldn't recommend for small touchups.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A4TB9X4...e=asn&creative=395109&creativeASIN=B00A4TB9X4

Is this the correct touch up paint? How come the dealers only $17 in comparison?

·
Registered
86 Posts
You should look for a reputable "paintless dent removal" guy in your area. They can get most small dents out without a problem. But make sure you find someone that has good reviews.

Also, I've gotten touch up paint from automotivetouchup.com before. Good quality stuff!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm with my95sti on this. That part of the car is not visible with the door closed. Touch it up as best you can with OEM touch-up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all for your feedback, I don't feel so bad about this now. I guess its just the OCD part of me and the fact that it was perfect that really pisses me off. I'll get the dealers touch up paint for $17 and go from there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for providing your feedback on this guys, I don't feel as bad seeing some of your comments. I guess its the OCD part of me that is bothered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts