Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the thread title says, the dome light does not light up when opening any of the doors of the car. Manually turning the switch on works, but this of course leaves the light on indefinitely. I believe this may have been caused when I needed to tap into wires in the lower driver-side boot order to put in a rearview mirror + camera. I checked the door sensors (the red door open light would light up on the dashboard) and ran the interior illumination test in Techstream (failed). Before I take it to the dealership, I thought I'd ask if anyone knows how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
990 Posts
As the thread title says, the dome light does not light up when opening any of the doors of the car. Manually turning the switch on works, but this of course leaves the light on indefinitely. I believe this may have been caused when I needed to tap into wires in the lower driver-side boot order to put in a rearview mirror + camera. I checked the door sensors (the red door open light would light up on the dashboard) and ran the interior illumination test in Techstream (failed). Before I take it to the dealership, I thought I'd ask if anyone knows how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks in advance.
Did you make sure the switch was set to door first? There are 3 settings in all cars, full on, on with door, off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you make sure the switch was set to door first? There are 3 settings in all cars, full on, on with door, off.
Haha, you were right! I knew the switch on the rear dome was correct, but then there are only 2 settings on that one, so I looked up the interior lights on the Lexus website and found http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM76066U/pdf/sec_03-05.pdf. The "Personal/interior light main switch" on the front headboard was slightly moved when I did the wiring for the rearview mirror to a point that looked like it was on the correct settings, but it wasn't clicked into place. Problem solved.

Thanks a lot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts