Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all the recent recalls by Toyota and Lexus affect your views on any new cars they're releasing (like the CT200H)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
For me, no. Yes there were some serious tragic events because of these issues, but I believe that they will learn from there mistakes, and come out stronger then ever. Toyota has a strong following, and I feel that any consumer that has purchased a Lexus or Toyota vehicle, won't lose faith over some recalls. The people that just switched over to a Toyota or Lexus might be doubtful, but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Lexus over those recalls.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not at all I am confident that this is just a mistake and will not happen again personally I have purchased nothing but Toyota and lexus and threw out those years have not had one issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im with DIN300! They will have their ducks in a row by the time this car comes out. To base Toyota on this little issue anyway to me is just dumb! Look at all the crap that the other big 2 have done to the automotive world...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not at all. They are not a GM or anything. Now that the problem has been identified, I am sure they will check every newly designed part moving forwards. You have to keep in mind that Toyota has been putting out VERY nice and reliable cars for YEARS without any incident. Fear mongering has blown the accelerator issue out of proportion. I salute them for doing the right thing and going ahead with the recall as they did. I will buy again for sure.

Jay

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Not at all. They are not a GM or anything. Now that the problem has been identified, I am sure they will check every newly designed part moving forwards. You have to keep in mind that Toyota has been putting out VERY nice and reliable cars for YEARS without any incident. Fear mongering has blown the accelerator issue out of proportion. I salute them for doing the right thing and going ahead with the recall as they did. I will buy again for sure.

Jay
Well said. Definitely agree.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, it's starting to piss me off when people are questioning Toyota quality over a minor issue that they stepped up to fix. It's the herd mentality I guess that fuels it.

Jay

·
Registered
24 Posts
There obviously is some issues out there, but not enough to keep me from looking to another car company. Lexus CT is what I am interested in and current recalls are not a cause for concern at this moment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts