Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of my new starfire pearl 200h fsport edition and noticed that the driver side illuminated door sill already has 2 scratches on the stainless portion. If this is common or bound to happen over time I'll live with it but if not I think I may ask my dealer what can be done.

If any of you have these door sills can you please let me know if scratches on them is normal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have no scratches either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As in anything metallic, it will be easy to scratch. For instance, on my driver's floor mat, I scratched the heck out of the meatallic CT200h badge with a small pebble I picked up with my boot. I have no need to step on the illuminated door sill so luckily it should not be easily scratched in the future. So, in answer to your posted question, it should not arrive scratched but I could foresee it possibly happening.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For me, mine are in great condition. I don't see folks climbing into cars that feel the need to step on the area when getting in and out....for this car or others that aren't a SUV/truck type vehicle. I'd imagine very minor scratches to appear over the years but no damage worth replacing them for. My RX400 had illuminated sills and they lived up well 6yrs later, again minor scratches.

If they are deeply gouged and it's a brand new car.....that's a different story and I would say something. Well at least I would...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts