Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I wrapped a few parts of my CT's interior and thought I'd share and put up a DIY guide. Unfortunately, I didn't take any progress pictures, but the dash is not too difficult to take apart with some time and patience. I pulled the applicable diagrams from the service manual. This guide will help get the parts ready for wrapping, not how to wrap.

Tools/Items Needed:
- Plastic molding removal tools
Tip for removing all panels: Start from the edge of panel and pry slowly and work toward the middle. See diagrams which directions/angle panels are easier to remove.
- Heat gun
Blow dryer would probably work too.
- 48" x 12" 3M DI-NOC carbon fiber (or your vinyl of choice).
This will be more than enough to wrap all the silver/tan parts minus the steering wheel and two back doors. Purchase accordingly.
- 24" x 12" 3M gloss black vinyl (or your vinyl of choice).
This will cover the passenger door grip, glove box panel, two front door grips, push-to-start surround, and shift knob.
- Phillips screw driver
- Project knife
- Scissors

Step-by-step:

1. Open glove box and remove panel with molding removal tool. Panel is ready for wrapping.

2. Remove side panel. Remove one screw holding in the air condition vent.

3. Remove passenger dash panel. This will be attached to the air condition vent. Remove two screws holding the vent to the dash panel. Panel is ready for wrapping.

4. Remove panel below the AC control unit. Then remove the AC control unit and unplug. Panel is ready for wrapping.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
5. Follow the same method (steps 2 & 3) for removing driver side panels. Panel is ready for wrapping.

6. Remove passenger assist grip. Panel is ready for wrapping.

7. Unscrew two screws and remove back side of assist grip. Panel is ready for wrapping.

8. For driver side and passenger side, remove the door handle cup cover. To my knowledge, the remainder of the door handle cup is attached to the other parts of the door (including the door handle itself), so I wrapped the door handles basically as-is.

9. Remove shift knob by turning CCW. Wrap.

10. For the push-to-start, I wrapped as-is without removing.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or tips to add.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts