Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone it's my first post here, I couldn't find anything about auto folding mirrors in forum and decide to share how I done it.

Firstly I found and bought plug and play mod from china (I wish I could share a link but it disappear), after nearly 2 months it finally arrive.

Installation process took no more then 15 minuts, no tools needed (however, plastic panel removing tools are helpful)

1. Remove this panel - it's holding well on few clips

2. Then this one- check were the arrow is for you should find a plastic screw there

3. Side panel first, just pry and pull it out, then the front panel by holding at the same time on bottom and on the side pulling straight towards you

4. Now just unplug this connector, plug it into harness and plug the secound end back it to place

5. Do the same on the bottom part that you alread took off.

6. Plug the module into harness and before you put everything back check is the mod working.

Congratulations from now on, when you close the car, your mirrors fold by themselves :)

ps. sorry for the dirty car :LOL:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, this kit looks pretty the same, one that I bought was for right hand drive.
One very important thing, is your mirrors motorized and do you have the same console like in step 3 picture?
If not it probably won't work for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, this kit looks pretty the same, one that I bought was for right hand drive.
One very important thing, is your mirrors motorized and do you have the same console like in step 3 picture?
If not it probably won't work for you.
Ah I see. I naively thought this is all I needed to get power folding windows. I did some searching and found there is a kit available to add them but it seems to be more trouble than it is worth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This would be amazing for me (I park on NYC streets and always need to fold my mirrors). Is this the same kit you got? Would your mirrors fold if you lock the door while driving?
My 2011 CT200H does NOT have the electric folding rear view mirror function --it does have remote control of the mirror's alignment (up-down and right-left). Is there a way to add the auto folding function to my mirrors? The link in this chat-line says that their module requires that a car have electric folding mirrors.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2011 CT200H does NOT have the electric folding rear view mirror function --it does have remote control of the mirror's alignment (up-down and right-left). Is there a way to add the auto folding function to my mirrors? The link in this chat-line says that their module requires that a car have electric folding mirrors.
When I was searching I found this post on club Lexus. I'm sure the parts are still out there somewhere. Looks too complicated for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Feel sorry for you, I don't know why but in US they just didn't install the motors in mirrors. I've seen the instruction for installing THIS module and there is nothing hard about it, takes more time and have to be extra careful when taking out mirrors but apart from that it should be easy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Feel sorry for you, I don't know why but in US they just didn't install the motors in mirrors. I've seen the instruction for installing THIS module and there is nothing hard about it, takes more time and have to be extra careful when taking out mirrors but apart from that it should be easy.
Probably Lexus trying to save as much money as possible. From what I've read the euro CT is easily the better version considering you can get powered folding mirrors, a better sound system, and a heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
Lexus CT200h Business Line Pro , 2011, Tungsten Pearl
66 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here is one from Ali : 28.99US $ |Car Side Mirrors Auto Folder Folding Spread Plug and Play Kit For Lexus CT200 LHD+ With Electric Folding Mirror function|kit kits|kit for carkit car kit - AliExpress

It does say LHD but for that price I would just buy it and try it. Wonder what the difference is between RHD/LHD, isn't the wiring the same only located on the other side?
Too bad my car hasn't got de folding mirrors...:rolleyes:.
It is totally different. I managed to communicate with the aliexpress seller and helped him to develop for RHD including the window closer. So it will be available soon :) I have attached the SS of our conversation.
Below are the diagram for the people who are interested to DIY.

Human body Slope Font Parallel Art
Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram Pattern
Rectangle Slope Line Font Parallel
Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Web page

1 - 20 of 22 Posts