Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may know, I did a DIY write-up for the rear tail light Stealth Bulb mod and I just finished up my STEALTH front end.

The front turn signals use a 7443 bulb. (Same style as rear 7440 bulb, but this one has a dual-filament)

I ordered the chrome 7443 bulbs that illuminates orange/amber, here are comparison pics:

Its self explanatory on how to replace the bulbs as you just twist them counter-clockwise to remove bulb socket from the headlight assembly, and pull old bulb, then replace with new bulb. PAGE 577 of owner's manual for any more clarification...

Before (ughhhhhhhh, notice the ugly egg yolk orange bulb and the reflection(s) which amplifies the uglyness):

BAMMMM!!! After:

Yes, they still illuminate orange/amber as bright as OEM/factory bulbs...

Thank me later

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks awesome. I keep finding sites that claim 7443 are the same as 7440 so I'm afraid of buying a single filament stealth bulb for the front turn signals.
Can you share the link of where you scored the 7443?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the link to the bulbs I bought (I also used the same seller for the rear bulbs as well):

7443 Silver Chrome Natural Amber Bulb | eBay

It says dual filament in the listing and the seller ships fast as well. Got them in 2 days.

Don't worry about the picture, that's just a stock picture, it actually is the glass base/correct bulbs when shipped.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Awesome, thanks! The pictures trow me off because a lot of sites use the same picture for both 7440 and 7443 bulbs.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I just got my "stealth" bulbs in today, and got so excited that I went to my parking space (indoor garage), and did the front bulbs in my space. Super easy. I did get thrown a little because the bulbs had plastic bases, and not the glass ones the original bulbs did, but they fit and they worked.

One other tip, and maybe everyone else is smarter and figured it out...the picture illustrating the bulb(s) in the listing shows two bulbs, but they say so many places that it is only illustrative and it also says in a bunch of places that the quantity is ONE (1) that I assumed I would have to buy two 7440's and two 7443's. No, they come two in a pack and now I have two spares of each type and wasted about $24. No biggie, but only order one of each.

I didn't have my socket set with me at the office so I will do the rear bulbs this afternoon when I get home.

Thanks for all the advice, it was right on!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought stealth bulbs for both front and back. I finally installed them today and the car looks so much better without the egg yolks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
smanzanoRN:

That looks great!!! Makes quite a difference!!!

To others that have done this, post some pics. Might be beneficial to others with different color CT's to see how they look...

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I finally did this tonight. One of the first mods I did on the Prius.
So much cleaner. Not sure I'm going to do the tails, it's not as obvious as the headlights.

I'll snap a pic in the morning.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Not a great pic, but it's pretty apparent that the amber egg yolk is gone. Love these chrome bulbs, the bulb itself is pretty much invisible.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Nice!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts