Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
People with 2011s get screwed. Our navs can only be updated with a stupid interface tool to reflash the Hard Drive. No way around it that I have ever found. So you have to waste time going to the dealer for an upgrade. They literally used 10 year old technology in our nav units so the only way to update is to rewrite the entire hard drive.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Exactly.
In the U.K. Here our dealers charge £150 to do this which is a ridiculous price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are no more updates going to be issued for pre 2014 CT200h other then map updates and the last one I had done (last year) ran me $300.00 and that was just map data...no other changes made nor available. And when you check the various years and update procedures the 2011-2013 are the only models that require the dealer to make changes. But it does not matter because there are no more changes available and none will be made in the future.
...and why could they have made the system of entering voice commands a bit more fluid instead of having to give each command then wait for the beep and the next..beep etc instead of being able to give all commands in one string? Can be so frustrating at times.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Forgot to state that there is an aftermarket box/interface unit that is added inline with the audio system that gives the system Apple Carplay along with the ability to add 4 additional cameras using the installed screen. The only glitch is that it runs about $450.00 and some disassembly of the dash (ok quite a bit) is required. Have been wanting to take the plunge but a new Tesla solar roof has put a dent in my available finances.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts