Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I put a Fumoto valve on my Ct. As for the brittle clips, I bought them off ebay based on pictures and eyeballing the original clips (got 40 of each size). Cost me like $8 per 40.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It looks like there are two of the same size clip pins on each side and a slightly larger one on the end of the cover. It would be great to know what the part numbers are for them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am planning to do my second oil change 20K by myself but worried if it will void any warranty? Anyone please confirm if it does or does not.

Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am planning to do my second oil change 20K by myself but worried if it will void any warranty? Anyone please confirm if it does or does not.

Thanks!

·
Registered
842 Posts
It will not, but you have to use approved oil (not the brand, but the designation), and you may have to prove that you changed the oil with approved oil at the required intervals so make sure you keep receipts of the oil and filters somewhere. Maybe make a contemporaneous note in the service manual that came with the car at the appropriate times. They hardly ever question it, but if your motor blows and it shows really dirty, used up oil, they might balk at replacing it. With the synthetic oils most of us use that is not likely to be a problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just did my first oil change...............Ugh! The plastic clips which hold up the access panel are really crappy, I'm sure I will break them sooner or later. I would like to get replacement clips ahead of time, does any one know what the part numbers for these are? 2012 CT200h

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is the drain plug reachable without having to jack up the car?
Not really. In order to get at the drain plug, you need to open a hatch in the cover under the engine. The car needs to be raised for that. Once you have opened the hatch, you can easily get at both the plug and the filter. I would not like to do this with the car standing on its wheels. It needs to be raised on axle stands, at the very least.

·
Banned
325 Posts
I am a mechanic by profession and i know well about these oil changing methods and its so easy to change it and instruction are many on the threads while changing the oil made it clean.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The entire underside of the engine compartment is covered with a plastic splash guard which hides the oil pan and filter..There is an access panel for oil changes that unclips from the rear and swings forward to expose the pan and filter. There are holes so you can use one of the fasteners to hold the panel up out of the way. It's difficult to use drive-up ramps because the car body will hit the ramp before the wheels ..So you will need to use a jack and jack stands to get enough clearance to do the job..You need enough height so the access panel can swing down and up out of the way.. The plastic button fasteners are available at any auto-parts store should you need replacements..They release by pulling the center stud down which will allow the access panel to swing down..Be careful where you place the jack and jack stands..I placed a floor jack under the hard-point where the engine cradle is mounted and lifted high enough to slip a stand under the lower control arm as close to the wheel as possible. The tires need to be about 4 or 5 inches off the ground to get enough room to slide under the car. If you don't have a pair of stands to properly support the weight of the car, don't risk your life depending on a jack alone..

·
Registered
251 Posts
I traveled to Shanghai quite a few times for business and had talked to my Chinese colleagues about this... Yes, Toyota cars "made in China" STAY in China , and they have poorer quality records than Buick in China. My nephew who currently works at the Lexus plant in Lexington KY confirms that Toyota cars in China are not allowed to be sold in USA because they WILL kill the Toyota/Lexus name here. In China they have to make them cheaper for the market, hence poorer quality

·
Registered
990 Posts
I traveled to Shanghai quite a few times for business and had talked to my Chinese colleagues about this... Yes, Toyota cars "made in China" STAY in China , and they have poorer quality records than Buick in China. My nephew who currently works at the Lexus plant in Lexington KY confirms that Toyota cars in China are not allowed to be sold in USA because they WILL kill the Toyota/Lexus name here. In China they have to make them cheaper for the market, hence poorer quality
Huh? What does this have to do with this DIY oil change thread? Let's stay on topic.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oil Change epilog: Once the access panel is dropped, the drain plug and filter housing are in plain sight. When fitting the special filter wrench to the horizontal mounted filter be SURE you have it positioned correctly. It will only fit ONE WAY, with the six notches engaged on the six lugs on the plastic filter housing. If incorrectly positioned, you can easily break the filter housing during the effort to remove it. If the lugs are not visible, you must do this by feel.

A special tool ($11) is available to open those button fasteners that hold the access panel in place. A little forked pry-bar..A knife blade usually works..

·
381 Posts
Unless we get more rain tomorrow. I'll be changing the oil on the CT and the Prius.

·
381 Posts
I've been doing my Prius for years, same deal. Just not looking forward to breaking the filter cap loose. Techs always overtorque them. Took me over an hour to break the Prius filter loose the first time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is no reason to over-tighten the plastic filter cup..The "O" ring makes the seal and it's not dependent on heavy torque on the cup to form an oil-tight seal...

·
381 Posts
Yeah, well, they do overtighten it. I was unsuccessful in removing the filter yesterday, ended up ordering the heavy duty 64MM cap wrench that has the notches for the two wings. Should give me better leverage.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts