Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Is it possible to "permanently" display the track names from USB device while the Nav is displaying the map. I can see the volume briefly displays when I change the volume. I have played with the different settings but have not found a way to display the song names.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
516 Posts
How about just displaying the whole songs/artists name...there is so much room to display the full song title yet it stops halfway or a little bit more and never shows the whole thing. Three looks like there is so much more room for the display to show everything.

·
Registered
200 Posts
All,

Is it possible to "permanently" display the track names from USB device while the Nav is displaying the map. I can see the volume briefly displays when I change the volume. I have played with the different settings but have not found a way to display the song names.

Thanks,

Tim
The only way i know to keep the song names, artist, and track permanently up is to make the navigation screen not to automatically default back to the map. You do this in the settings. Then your songs on a USB drive or SAT stations will stay displayed. Press the Map switch to toggle back. But you can't have both up at the same time. If you drive the same route to work each day do you really always need the map to be up?

·
Registered
209 Posts
All,

Thanks,

Tim
I haven't found one yet. Must confess it bugs me too.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Im confused here.Some say titles display and some say it doesn't.

On my car,If I play a CD,No titles show up for me.Is there anything I can do?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Spotted from your sig that it's a Nav model, if the software works similarly to my UK spec Nav model :

When the info screen is set to Audio, you'll get the Track Info if ... the cd is listed in the Gracenotes cddb database in the car. I think it's an internal database unlike something like iTunes which will ask the internet, so if the cd isn't listed then you'll not get track names.

Not sure about non-Nav radios and cd's.

The drawback is that the Audio screen is the Only place a Nav car will show tracknames, so when Navigation or Fuel Consumption is active it won't tell you what's playing. That goes for Bluetooth and USB too as well as CD.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Im confused here.Some say titles display and some say it doesn't.

On my car,If I play a CD,No titles show up for me.Is there anything I can do?

I can't display CD titles on my CT either. And, the CDs I play are purchased originals, not ones burned by me. My Lexus dealer said the titles should be displayed but couldn't

However, the songs I record as MP3s and place on a flash drive display the title and artist. Go figure... :confused:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I can't display CD titles on my CT either. And, the CDs I play are purchased originals, not ones burned by me. My Lexus dealer said the titles should be displayed but couldn't

However, the songs I record as MP3s and place on a flash drive display the title and artist. Go figure... :confused:
I think it depends on how the CD is done. I've bought new CDs that show the names, and other new ones that don't - so it has to be the CDs.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Most store bought CDs are not encoded properly to display the track names properly. You are better off burning a CD. Make sure it is MP3 or WAV and have the track names put in. Apple computers with iTunes use MP4 format (you can change the default import to MP3 in iTunes) as I had a major problem with a USB drive inserted into the port. The car does not recognize MP4 files.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same problem. I haven't had a CD title display yet. I find it hard to believe that none of the titles are listed in Gracenotes, and the unit can't read the title from any disks. If you burn to MP3, the unit doesn't support FLAC, so all compression is lossy - noticeable degradation in sound quality. If you want good sound quality, play the CD, but you can't tell which CD is which. I suspect there is a problem with the system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts