Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a couple of occasions when I go into Sport mode the display doesn't swith to "TACH" mode. It continues this way until the car is turned off and then on again. Has anyone experienced this before?

TIA

·
Registered
89 Posts
I believe that if you have cruise control on (even though not engaged, or in use), then switching to sport will not change the display. You would have to turn off the cruise.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
On a couple of occasions when I go into Sport mode the display doesn't swith to "TACH" mode. It continues this way until the car is turned off and then on again. Has anyone experienced this before?

TIA
make sure cruise control is completely off - not just disengaged

·
Registered
371 Posts
What is the logic behind not displaying the tach with the cruise control on? Lexus must have hiddened the tach for some very good reason (?)... but I wonder what it is?

·
Registered
24 Posts
When you think about it, what is the point of a tachometer on a car with CVT transmission? Personally, I always drive in Sport Mode, but disabled the tach in the options menu. I prefer the Eco meter.

·
Registered
609 Posts
When you think about it, what is the point of a tachometer on a car with CVT transmission? Personally, I always drive in Sport Mode, but disabled the tach in the options menu. I prefer the Eco meter.
Heh I drive in Sport Mode too full time, but I left it in Tach display because I don't want to keep looking at it. If I have the Eco meter, I will keep glancing at it to see if I am driving GREEN. I don't want to do that! :p

·
Registered
371 Posts
Is it a feature or a fault? I see no good reason to turn off the tach display while in cruise control. Does Lexus think having the tach display on while in cruise control will cause us harm in some way? What is their reasoning?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Is it a feature or a fault? I see no good reason to turn off the tach display while in cruise control. Does Lexus think having the tach display on while in cruise control will cause us harm in some way? What is their reasoning?
I am guessing the reason is that in cruise control, you don't control the throttle, so you probably don't need to see the RPM. They probably did some group studies and more people want to see Eco meter than Tach meter when in cruise control. You can override it in Display setting.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Sorry lostchild, you can not override it in display setting. You can have the tach displayed all the time no matter what driving mode is selected, but if you engage the cruise control, it will disappear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When you select cruise control the car automatically switches to eco mode. There is no need for a tach when the car is controlling the rpm, speed acceleration and deceleration. Gotta remember the car is designed with fuel efficiency in mind not speed. If you wanted a speedy hatchback you should have bought a VW GTI.

·
Registered
371 Posts
When you select cruise control the car automatically switches to eco mode. There is no need for a tach when the car is controlling the rpm, speed acceleration and deceleration. Gotta remember the car is designed with fuel efficiency in mind not speed. If you wanted a speedy hatchback you should have bought a VW GTI.
My CT does not switch into ECO mode when I turn on or engage my cruise control. If I have it in sport mode the indicator light on the dash will stay on when I use my cruise control and if you press the accelerator, it feels like it's still in sport mode. I like to see what RPM the motor is running at all times no matter what driving mode I'm in... I would also like to see a temperature gauge. Why does Lexus feel we shouldn't see this information?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts