Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my CT for about a month now. Has anyone found a way to keep the black plastic surfaces clean? I'm having the biggest issue on the bottom of the doors and under the glove box.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have spent the whole summer trying to keep the dust and scuff marks off those places. I just use a dry micro fiber cloth once in a while. I am also getting the illuminated door sills in 2 weeks - not only for the "cool" factor but they are metal and will not show all the dust and scuff marks from when I enter and exit the vehicle.
Also soon there will be no dust just snow but that doesn't make me happy :(

·
Registered
270 Posts
A mistake I made with my Focus was to allow snow to melt on the seats ...

What happened : While working my way around the car to clear the snow enough to make it drivable, loose snow found its way on to the seats. When the snow melted, all the rubbish that was in solution in the snow was deposited on the seat. Result - white-ish rings on the fabric.

I bought Supagard this time around to hopefully keep the leather free of stuff like that. It wasn't just the snow, the Focus had been used as an ambulance for someone who'd torn their hamstring while playing cricket (was my punishment for getting out shortly after them). The melt from the icepack also got onto the seat and left deposits. Not so good.

Lesson - if fluids get loose inside the car, mop them up immediately - otherwise they'll leave stuff behind when they evaporate.

PS Also need to figure out how to remove fingerprints from nav screen.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I have spent the whole summer trying to keep the dust and scuff marks off those places. I just use a dry micro fiber cloth once in a while. I am also getting the illuminated door sills in 2 weeks - not only for the "cool" factor but they are metal and will not show all the dust and scuff marks from when I enter and exit the vehicle.
The illuminated sills are plastic (albeit chrome plastic) and still scuff - my wife has proved this in her Ct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts