Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have bought a CT recently that (at the time of signing the deal) was “…at the port as we speak, and due to arrive at the dealership around [dates]”, but eventually got delayed 1-2 weeks more because of [whatever reasons]?

My sales guy told me a few days ago that mine is scheduled to arrive this weekend, but what got me iffy was the fact he mentioned “…but, shouldn’t be no later than May 10”.

I’m wondering if I should get my hopes up that it’ll be here by tomorrow, or accept the fact it’ll be two weeks more.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LOL!
20 mins after posting this I get an email from the salesman telling me "it may be another week. I'll keep you posted."
He must be on this forum...read my post and said "Why that little...!"

·
Registered
67 Posts
I feel for ya man. I ordered mine in October. I was #1 on the dealer list and finally got mine just this past Friday!

Mind you I wanted a specific color/package/interior so I can understand how that might delay it a bit. However, there were a lot of weird delays. For example, I was told the car arrived in NJ on the 5th of April, but didn't make its way to Boston till the 20th (last Wed.). I was told this was because they were doing "quality control" at the port at NJ, which didn't make much sense.

Now to make it just a bit more frustrating, the title documents didn't arrive till Friday, so my car was literally just sitting at the dealer for 3 days...

All's well now though, I'm going to be writing up a review as a former Prius owner in a few minutes if you want some of my impressions.

Good luck with yours, don't be too surprised if you get more delays, I feel like mine took forever and I was first on the list!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad to hear you finally received your CT, but...Wow! I had no idea you were waiting since last October.
The way I understand it is, my car was already at the NJ port. "Estimated" time of arrival (at the time I bought the car) for that vehicle was 14-21 April to the dealership, but of course, I was warned of possible delays. I get an update we're looking at 22-25 Apr, but right after I posted this thread..."another week".
Well, I'm not complaining. After all, I am very lucky I was even able to find one without getting on the waiting list (by the luck of everyone on the wait list rejecting the model, colors, and options). I guess everyone is looking for a silver, white, black colored premium model only. That's how the dealership explained it...true or not, who will ever know?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, I was on the list in October, but clearly the cars didn't exist in the US till March or so. That said, it was a long wait to get the specific one I wanted since then!

Anyway, it sounds like you have already been given a specific vehicle from the shipment, so if it is anything like mine, I would estimate a week or so more since yours seems to have arrived a week after mine did to NJ.

I do have to say I was really pleased that the final financing guy I dealt with didn't do the hard-sell for the trucoat and other stuff... He was actually pretty good about that stuff and beat my credit union's rate which I was happy about as well.

Good luck and looking forward to hearing about you getting yours soon!!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Mr. Nelsby, what dealership did you use? I ordered a CT 2 weeks ago from Northborough. Just got a call that due to the issues in Japan, my special order is now delayed from July delivery to ~ October. I just removed the LED option from my order & will allegedly cut 3 months off my wait time.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get your car until just now, that doesn't make much sense given when you ordered the car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Jimmy,

Actually I should clarify, when I said I ordered it, I only put the down-payment. It wasn't an actual special order. The package I got was the standard premium with nav and Nuluxe seats in the color I wanted, so they didn't have to add or remove any of the features.

Given that it sounds like you went for a non-standard one, I'm not surprised at all by the delivery date.

I used Lexus of Watertown and was talking with the salesman on Friday about how the Tsunami will affect the season and he said that they usually get 250+ cars over the Summer period and they've been told that they will get way less than 100 this year. He said that while the factories were on the non-affected side of Japan, the supplies to build them come from all over, including some of the majorly affected areas.

I'd say your choice is to go with one of the standard packages and you might be able to get one sooner than October, which seems pretty ridiculous. That said, I'm not 100% what the exact demand of the car is. With the economy the way it is, I can see it going either way. On one side, it isn't a cheap car, but on the other it is very nifty and only slightly more expensive than the Prius...

Fundamentally though, for that kind of investment, you definitely want to go with someone as close to what you were looking for. Hence, I waited for the color/interior/nav which is what I wanted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been trying to find a yellow / ecru CT with no luck in the RI/Boston area. Funny enough my first test drive was in one back in March (yellow, black seats though). I should of picked that one up in hindsight :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well we finally got a ct200h premium with upgraded sound system but it was not from the dealer we had originally ordered from. We had been waiting and had a deposit on a ct200h from a dealer who had said it was ordered for some one else but they couldnt wait and bought the last one on their lot. Put 1000.00 down past time frame he had said and he was still telling me 2 more weeks out. Found the exact ct200h we were waiting for color inside and out premium package and upgraded stereo system. Found it through edmunds.com bought it next day at watertown ma lexus were so happy other dealer is refunding deposit and Im sure somebody is already waiting for the car again!! Dont give up looking they dont call people who have already ordred cars when others come in. We are already getting 43 plus mpg!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

I can join the group here. I ordered mine in Sweden May 25th. They also said that the car was practically in port. Have now recieved the info saying it is expected for delivery at these dates.
during April, then end of May, then beginning of May, then middle of may, latest info: end of May again.

It's a b**ch with the unclear information. I almost believe they are playing around with me.

Or are they?
Car is Standard premium with no extras.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I totaled my Volvo at the beginning of April, called a bunch of dealers to find either an in-stock CT200h or the shortest waitlist, and was given my choice of two unspoken-for cars on April 13th at a dealer about 80 miles from my home. I was told that I could buy the demo, at which they would stop test drives, but I couldn't take delivery until the next CT200 came in - or I could take the one that was supped to arrive at the end of April, and I'd get it as soon as it arrived. In the second scenario the current demo would stay at the dealership until one arrived in mid-May, even if someone bought the current demo.

I opted for the one that was supposed to arrive at the end of April - I did not do all the paperwork, but gave them my credit card number for a $1000 deposit. They had my permission, but didn't charge my card. They gave me the VIN of my car (of course, it's listed on Cars.com as being available, but that's a nother issue).

I got a call this morning that my car is in, and they need my husband and me to come in to do all the paperwork this week - but I can't take delivery until mid-May, when the next car comes in. I am not at all happy about this, and about to call the dealership back. Does what they're doing seem legitimate at all?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to hear about your situation, kaydee. That's messed up. It sounds to me like the dealerships have this rule that at least one of every model has to be available on the lot or showroom. I'm guessing the dealership wants to keep your CT there as eye candy for others until another one comes in to replace it. I noticed every dealership I went to had a CT for show and test drive, but they were all claimed.
Is it a legit thing to do? Its difficult to say, but I'm afraid the dealer has the upper hand. It is their business, and they can pretty much conduct it in any way they want. You can cancel it, but they aren't worried because another person in line will scoop it up immediately.
I say give it a chance. It's well worth the wait. The moment you receive the car, you'll forget all this frustration.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi YuDanJa-
I know the dealers have to keep a car on the lot - it seems up to the dealer whether or not they allow test drives of cars that are sold. Anyway, the problem is that they said whichever car sells first is the first one to be delivered, regardless of which arrived at the dealership first. They then decided that my car was sold, so they cold the demo and let the buyer take that one first even though I had bought mine first. After a great deal of yelling on my part, they admitted that they did the wrong thing. Unfortunately, they can't offer me much. I'll get a $300 service credit and if the next car isn't there by 5/14 so I can take delivery of mine, then they're going to give me a loaner RX until I can take mine. So I'm not happy, but I'm slightly less unhappy than I was earlier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Order placed

I guess like all Lexus dealers in the US, they only have 1 CT as a demo. I just placed my order today but its 30 pre-orders deep. Since I only require base or premium with no color choice, hopefully I can get it within 45 days.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all, just joined after finding this site and doing a quick test drive on a ct200h. I got the same story from the dealership in Louisvile, they have to keep mine so they can have one to test drive. As soon as another comes in they can release it.

I did kind of luck out on mine, went to dealer and they had just gotten in a new yellow with black interior premium base model that was not claimed yet. I test drive another persons car and then put the buy order on the yellow. Hopefully deliveries will speed up, I dont really want to wait 3-4 weeks let alone have all those people test drive my car. Wish they would only let the sales associate drive it at least.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hi all, just joined after finding this site and doing a quick test drive on a ct200h. I got the same story from the dealership in Louisvile, they have to keep mine so they can have one to test drive. As soon as another comes in they can release it.

I did kind of luck out on mine, went to dealer and they had just gotten in a new yellow with black interior premium base model that was not claimed yet. I test drive another persons car and then put the buy order on the yellow. Hopefully deliveries will speed up, I dont really want to wait 3-4 weeks let alone have all those people test drive my car. Wish they would only let the sales associate drive it at least.
Not sure if I understand you correctly but if I had purchased a new car...and they wanted to keep it at the dealership to show people...no problem there...however, if they took my new car for test drives with other potential customers who were looking at a new CT, I would definitely have a big problem with that...if my car is SOLD to me, it should not be driven on test rides by other people.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not sure if I understand you correctly but if I had purchased a new car...and they wanted to keep it at the dealership to show people...no problem there...however, if they took my new car for test drives with other potential customers who were looking at a new CT, I would definitely have a big problem with that...if my car is SOLD to me, it should not be driven on test rides by other people.
I agree 100%, to look is fine... but not a 'test' vehicle for anyone who wants to go for a ride at your expense. By them doing this you're actually buying a 'USED' car and I would expect a hefty discount from MSRP. Also, what would they say if a seats get a rip or tear due to someone having something sharp in their rear pocket and not paying attention?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey guys,

I can join the group here. I ordered mine in Sweden May 25th. They also said that the car was practically in port. Have now recieved the info saying it is expected for delivery at these dates.
during April, then end of May, then beginning of May, then middle of may, latest info: end of May again.

It's a b**ch with the unclear information. I almost believe they are playing around with me.

Or are they?
Car is Standard premium with no extras.
They simply don't know, I ordered mine (also in Sweden) in December and got it the 15th April.
They had big problems getting cars already then and said that there was huge delays on all shipment coming after mine. With the problems in Japan in mind, and the unclear information already in April, I think that they are doing there very best and trying to give as good information as they possible can which is a hard task when they don't get good information from shipment-company and so on.

Im a bit confused over your order-date but I guess you mean march not may? Probably they will call one day and say "hi your car is about to arrive to us within a week", and probably that's the first time they can be sure about the delivery date.

...on the bright side: the car is well worth waiting for :D

Med vänlig hälsning
/Max

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
...they have to keep mine so they can have one to test drive. As soon as another comes in they can release it...I test drive another persons car ...
I do not quite understand that, either...Did you actually buy a test/showroom vehicle (if so, I take it those are the special conditions)?
I hope you get a discount.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. The dealer will not actually "sell" the vehicle until another one comes in. They required a buy order, deposit of $1000, to hold the vehicle so once another comes into the dealer they will release that one and officially sell the vehicle to me.

I put the buy order on this vehicle while it was still in PDI (guessing post delivery inspection). It hadnt even gotten the fuses installed and still had some transportation wrapping on the vehicle. I would like to drive it home now but they want a vehicle to be able to show potential customers. It was the same with the one I test drove. Someone had a buy order for it and was waiting for the next ct200h to come (mine) so it could be released and they could officially sell the vehicle.

The dealer has only been able to keep 1 at their location, therefore requiring this buy order to hold the vehicle until another comes.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts