Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am currently driving an old civic and plan to replace it. I decide to buy a 2015 CT 200h. My local dealers ask $31174.0 for the bare model. It is a little higher than the shared price by others in autopriceshare. However, I thought the small price difference is acceptable and I am going to purchase it. In Seattle, it snows sometimes and I am not sure about whether 200h could handle the snow situation. Do I need to prepare the snow tires or snow chains for it? Thanks in advance

·
381 Posts
It's not great in the snow. But Seattle doesn't get a ton in the way of snow, do they? I'm in Chicago and I got stuck a couple times. The nice thing is the 15 has the option to disable the traction control, so that's a big help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Use a site called truecar to compare prices, and u are gonna be fine with Seattle snow :), I've lived in Seattle and CT can handle much more snow than Seattle !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
2012 model

I paid 21 out the door for 2012 special edition 30k miles. With nav etc.
Do not ever buy the 2011 as it does not have bluetooth streaming.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I paid 21 out the door for 2012 special edition 30k miles. With nav etc.
Do not ever buy the 2011 as it does not have bluetooth streaming.
Wow you are just full of misinformation thread after thread. I have a 2011, actually one of the earliest builds too. I have Bluetooth streaming. That feature was on all CT's regardless of year.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't know what the snow is like in Seattle, but as a VT skier that has owned all sorts of driveline and tire combinations, I will be buying a set of snow tires for our new '15 CT.

FWD, traction control off switch, and even the "B" simulated engine braking/regen drive mode actually all make for a good snow driving car, but the limitation will be the tires. The wide, low profile tires - nice and sporty in the other three seasons - work against you in the snow. Also, the air dam and relatively low ground clearance could be in issue in deep snow.

The stock wheels/tires should be fine in reasonably flat urban/suburban areas which are plowed quickly, but I would get thinner, taller profile dedicated snow tires if you plan driving in the mountains.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a second set of wheels and dedicated winter tires on my 2012 ct as well as on my 2011 Mini Cooper S Clubman and both are very capable for northern Michigan winter driving. Blizzaks on the ct and Hakkaapeliittas on the Mini. Dedicated winter tires will provide exceptional peace of mind.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, I am currently driving an old civic and plan to replace it. I decide to buy a 2015 CT 200h. My local dealers ask $31174.0 for the bare model. It is a little higher than the shared price by others in autopriceshare. However, I thought the small price difference is acceptable and I am going to purchase it. In Seattle, it snows sometimes and I am not sure about whether 200h could handle the snow situation. Do I need to prepare the snow tires or snow chains for it? Thanks in advance
Everyone gets caught up on how great winter tires are for gaining traction. But they're also about being able to stop quicker in snowy and icy conditions. Having said that, you should be ok in Seattle with the all season tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts