Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any specifics as to what is being offered. I called the local dealer, but the guy on the phone didn't want to give details until I came in face to face. I am at work so that's not going to be possible haha. I was just curious as to what Lexus is offering.

Thanks and happy holidays

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes, in the US. Living where you do, I can guess the dealership you're going to. IMHO they don't deal & they will really low-ball your trade. That's why I went out of state for my car.

Last weds my dealer sent me an email: .9%, $1000 college grad OR $1000 "conquest" credit (if you currently own a different luxury brand) and your first payment up to $700.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Financing sounds expensive to me. I save for a new car, get interest, pay cash and get a 6% discount right away. No debt, no monthly payments and the car is all mine. No financing deal can beat that, IMHO.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, in the US. Living where you do, I can guess the dealership you're going to. IMHO they don't deal & they will really low-ball your trade. That's why I went out of state for my car.

Last weds my dealer sent me an email: .9%, $1000 college grad OR $1000 "conquest" credit (if you currently own a different luxury brand) and your first payment up to $700.
Interesting. I don't qualify for either credit, but I got them within a few hundred of the KBB dealer trade-in price of my old car and they came down $1k on the CT. I was surprised because yeah, most luxury brands don't negotiate or discount at all. I didn't hear anything about the first payment promotion, however, that may be where the majority of my "discount" came from.

I'm admittedly bad at negotiating, however, I did not feel the deal was unfair.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Financing sounds expensive to me. I save for a new car, get interest, pay cash and get a 6% discount right away. No debt, no monthly payments and the car is all mine. No financing deal can beat that, IMHO.
In my case I would have to disagree. Iam currently financing my car for 0.9% for 5 years. My car was fully loaded with everything except F-sport package which brings it to about $43,500 after tax. Well current Iam getting on average 6~7% return on my investment funds. If I had paid the whole thing in cash, I wouldnt have been able to continue to use that money for my investments. Over a 5 year period, it would be a difference of $5,000 including paying off the interest.

·
Registered
486 Posts
You're money is not doing anything for you just sitting in the bank while you are saving.
Rather than buying a 40k car, you are MUCH better off financing, and investing that initial 40K in something that returns greater than 0.9%.
There are tons of GICs that return more than 1%. And even some normal savings accounts that return more than 1%

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yes it is. I get at least 2.5% interest on my savings - more if I shop around or promise my bank to keep saving for a predetermined period.
In that case it is still better to finance at 0.9% and keep earling 2.5% on 40k, sure you will earn less interest as you pull money to make payments, but still better than handing it all over.

·
Registered
24 Posts
0.9% in the states would be nice. In Canada, my dealer says they only offer 4.8% and -.1% for every thousand you put down. So... for example, put down 10,000, get 3.8%, 20,000, get 2.8% etc. Anyone in Canada get a better rate than this?

·
Registered
115 Posts
In my case I would have to disagree. Iam currently financing my car for 0.9% for 5 years. My car was fully loaded with everything except F-sport package which brings it to about $43,500 after tax. Well current Iam getting on average 6~7% return on my investment funds. If I had paid the whole thing in cash, I wouldnt have been able to continue to use that money for my investments. Over a 5 year period, it would be a difference of $5,000 including paying off the interest.
the key difference is that you are not guaranteed 6-7% on your investments so you cannot compare what you WILL have returned on your investments in 5 yrs vs. the guaranteed interest rate on the car loan. you actually very well could LOSE money on your investments over the next 5 yrs - you just never know.

to each his own, but one will typically get stuck in the same cycle whether they save up for a car and pay in cash or finance/lease. it is a vicious cycle for most. in most cases in the long run, assuming you keep the car for a long enough period of time, paying cash for a car will come out ahead over financing. if it wasn't that way, banks/financeers wouldn't be making any money!

·
Registered
169 Posts
in most cases in the long run, assuming you keep the car for a long enough period of time, paying cash for a car will come out ahead over financing.
That'll be it then. I tend to keep my daily cars for eight to ten years. My nice weather cars stay with me until I can't take care of them any more. All of them were paid for in cash.

·
Registered
486 Posts
0.9% in the states would be nice. In Canada, my dealer says they only offer 4.8% and -.1% for every thousand you put down. So... for example, put down 10,000, get 3.8%, 20,000, get 2.8% etc. Anyone in Canada get a better rate than this?
Unfortunately not, it's unfair, we get screwed up here.

Another option might be to lease, you can put down $4500 in multiple security deposits, which will help lower the interest rate to 3%, and if you've owned a Lexus before, you can get it down to 2.8%
You'll get the security deposit back at the end of your lease, and then you can put it towards paying the residual.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We might be getting the December to remember or something like that in Canada. I finally get to pick up my CT 200h tomorrow (could've picked it up today) but am waiting 1 more day because my salesman said there is a new sales program starting tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it went.

·
Registered
486 Posts
We might be getting the December to remember or something like that in Canada. I finally get to pick up my CT 200h tomorrow (could've picked it up today) but am waiting 1 more day because my salesman said there is a new sales program starting tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it went.
Smart idea! Please let us know how it goes!
I'm going to be receiving mine at the end of Dec, so I really hope December brings something good!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts