Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I agree something is off, they know they can sell this car to someone else for much more since this car is brand new...I am thinking he is quoting you a car with no Nav system, that is what drives the cost up.

I picked up my car on Sunday, Premium package with leather, no premium sound and no nav. I thought the LED snake lights in the front of car is standard (you have to pay extra for that?) also my car came with the illuminated door panels.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Your car has no NAV and no Premium sound but you got leather? I would check on that one. Are you sure it isn't Nuluxe?

·
Registered
10 Posts
bond guy, you are right it is Nuluxe, I just pulled out the Car Sticker, I had it at work...for a normal person,it looks and feels like leather ha

·
Registered
516 Posts
Pootie07, the Nuluxe is a lot like leather even up close. It is more environmentally friendly to manufacture too and weighs less. As far as the LED lights you inquire about, the LED driving lights which you'll see under the headlamps are standard. The optional LED headlamps are just that..."headlamps" and not running lights. You can tell them apart besides the much brighter white color as the also come with the pop up headlight washers on the bumper and the enclosure for the LED headlamps have 3 lenses in the housing...the LED's are also auto leveling headlamps. They are a $1,215 option

·
Registered
81 Posts
bond guy, you are right it is Nuluxe, I just pulled out the Car Sticker, I had it at work...for a normal person,it looks and feels like leather ha
I've been rather impressed with the Nulux. It blows my 4Runner leather out of the water. I've seen 2 CTs at the dealer. The first had leather and the second was Nulux. I kept swearing up and down to my wife that they both must have been Nulux, but she said she could tell a difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
JT1 Stealth and everyone else today I wanted to update everyone I stopped by my dealer today and ordered my CT for the price I listed earlier in this post. Like the other person that posted I too had just purchased a new Lexus GX 460 a few weeks ago. The dealer knows I'm serious and a good customer so he is honoring this price. I will most definitely be ordering some upgrades beyond the already wonderfully equipped package I already have.
Goes to show you some dealers are just greedier than others. My salesmen also shared with me some internal company documents showing where they fall in the Lexus West Coast pecking order and lets just say they have some pool within the West Coast Region.
In lieu of the problems in Japan the only bad news I got today was that my salesmen honestly doesn't know when my CT will arrive. I will tell you all this...there is only 3 CT's for the entire West Coast Region on the way. I saw this from an internal Lexus document with my own two eyes. I seriously doubt I will be one of the lucky 3 and even luckier for it to be in the color combo and package I have specified.
Good things to those who wait..I certainly hope so!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
SDC - Man that is sweet you got that, the dealer I bought from is the third largest dealership in country and second on the east coast, I believe below a dealership in FL and I was not able to snag that good of a deal and this is the 4th car I have bought there in the last 5 years. Congrats man I hope you don't have to wait to long, I got lucky and got my color combo in 3 days but I also think the black NuLuxe (thanks bondguy) and starfire pearl combo is not a rare combo. Also I got my car tinted yesterday, will be posting pics soon in case anyone was thinking of doing it they can get an idea. 40% in the front two windows and the rest of car at 30%, but with the film they used 40%=32% and 30%=22%, so its pretty dark but looks really nice.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Need the store's information !!!

JT1 Stealth and everyone else today I wanted to update everyone I stopped by my dealer today and ordered my CT for the price I listed earlier in this post. Like the other person that posted I too had just purchased a new Lexus GX 460 a few weeks ago. The dealer knows I'm serious and a good customer so he is honoring this price. I will most definitely be ordering some upgrades beyond the already wonderfully equipped package I already have.
Goes to show you some dealers are just greedier than others. My salesmen also shared with me some internal company documents showing where they fall in the Lexus West Coast pecking order and lets just say they have some pool within the West Coast Region.
In lieu of the problems in Japan the only bad news I got today was that my salesmen honestly doesn't know when my CT will arrive. I will tell you all this...there is only 3 CT's for the entire West Coast Region on the way. I saw this from an internal Lexus document with my own two eyes. I seriously doubt I will be one of the lucky 3 and even luckier for it to be in the color combo and package I have specified.
Good things to those who wait..I certainly hope so!!

Wow, congrats, can I get the stores name and number? I want to place a bunch of orders thru them too !

·
Registered
516 Posts
Wow, congrats, can I get the stores name and number? I want to place a bunch of orders thru them too !
I don't think they would do quantity on their cars at that price..ha,ha...if the deal is "really" a deal being done, I would love to see a buyers order posted with the names and private info whited out of course...that would convince me it is really being sold at that price....you can be the best customer at a Lexus dealer but that doesn't mean they are going to lose money on a car for you. Looking at the real holdbacks ( from memory I think it is like $680) and the small profit margin on a car this price, I would say that price is below cost (if it is really equipped the way SDC claims). Invoice on the premium car with nothing added is in the mid $28K range...add NAV and his other extras and you are over that selling price.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I don't think they would do quantity on their cars at that price..ha,ha...if the deal is "really" a deal being done, I would love to see a buyers order posted with the names and private info whited out of course...that would convince me it is really being sold at that price....you can be the best customer at a Lexus dealer but that doesn't mean they are going to lose money on a car for you. Looking at the real holdbacks ( from memory I think it is like $680) and the small profit margin on a car this price, I would say that price is below cost (if it is really equipped the way SDC claims). Invoice on the premium car with nothing added is in the mid $28K range...add NAV and his other extras and you are over that selling price.

AGREE !!!

I'm a Lexus customer AND Employee and can't get one for that.... :confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got an offer of 500 under MSRP, but they will have to order the car as they don't have the colors i am looking for. I am ok with the wait but i wonder if i hold out for a little bit i can save a few more bucks as i am in no hurry.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi oneflow,
I've got the same offer for a premium ct... $500 under msrp.. the saleman looked up my color combo and said they've jsut sold one one earlier in the morning.. =( He said I'll be the first one to get when they get that combo... the wait is on.. =/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
You can can believe it or no the deal is inked. Remember MSRP is just that a " suggested " price. I will say this my dealer is not only one of the top dealers i Ca but also in the entire country. The sell between 80-100+ vehicles per month. If you own your own business or understand supply chain then you know it's safe to assume they get a better price than most Lexus dealerships.

I agree this price is special and that this or any other dealer will not be letting these cars fly off the showroom floors for this price. I consider myself lucky for sure!

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discounted Pricing ????

Below is the sticker price showing the options for this car. As you can see it is a premium package with navigation. It does not have the LED head lights or the leather like I said. With the money saved I might spring for the LED headlights, interior dash kit, illuminated door sills, and the i-phone holder. The dealer is also looking into getting me a modellista Modellista Package or some aftermarket 17' chrome or racing wheels installed. All of the above obviously will be extra but, the way I'm looking at it I'm already saving almost 6k!

LUXURY AND CONVENIENCE FEATURES

Model - Price Spec $0.00
Navigation System: HDD Navigation System Backup
Monitor, Lexus Enform with Destination Assist and
eDestination (includes 1-year trial subscriptions), Lexus
Insider, Voice Command, XM NavTraffic, XM NavWeather,
and XM Sports & Stocks (includes 90-day trial subscription)
$2,445.00
Premium Audio Package Includes: 10-speaker Lexus
Premium Audio System, In-dash 6-Disc CD Changer, Auto-
Dimming Electrochromic Rearview Mirror, Lexus Homelink
Universal Transceiver
$1,100.00​
Optional Equipment
Carpeted Floor Mats
Tonneau Cover
Lexus Personalized Settings
Power Door Locks with Anti-Lock Out Feature
Power Windows w/One-Touch Auto Open/Close Feature
Bluetooth Technology
XM Satellite Radio (90-day trial subscription)
USB input, Miniplug Auxiliary Input for MP3 Player
(ASL), 6-speakers, Single In-Dash CD Player,
Lexus Audio System: Automatic Sound Levelizer
Driver Information Center with Trip Computer
4-Mode Drive Mode Select
Tilt/Telescopic Steering Column
Automatic Dual-Zone Climate Control
Electroluminescent Optitron Gauges
SmartAccess with Push-Button Start/Stop
with 2-Way Power Lumbar Support
10-Way Multi-Adjustable Power Driver Seat
with Audio Controls and Cruise Control
Three-Spoke Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel​
Preferred Accessory Package: Cargo Net, Cargo Mat &
Wheel Locks​
$237.00
Delivery Processing & Handling $875.00
Vehicle Base Model $30,900.00​
Total Optional Equipment $3,782.00
Total MSRP $35,557.00

My Price w/ $1,000 Lexus loyalty Incentive = $30,688.00!!
To all our early forum members:

Did this purchase (at the price claimed) ever happen ?????

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
My dealer is selling at MSRP here. Very little wiggle room.
Yes many of us at the time thought this guy was a BS artist.

Haven't seen his invoice or confirmed purchase since his posts back in March.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
To all our early forum members:

Did this purchase (at the price claimed) ever happen ?????
Highly doubt that. If it did, it's one on a million, that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
it sounds like he dropped off the face of the earth. Didn't hear back from him. I managed to get $500 + $1000 Lexus loyalty off mine. I got pretty lucky. If you can get $500 off MSRP, that's pretty awesome.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got $500 off MSRP on mine, ordered in March, just before the Tsunami, delivered in early June. Price was honored by the dealer, although he said he's not doing that anymore due to supply and demand...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts