Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Dealer won't install F-sport grille and sports pedals in my CT ??

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  midijab 
#1 ·
Well, I'm perplexed. I fell in love with the F-sport but didn't want black interior so I bought a Premium CT with nav and figured I'd soup it up with all the F-sport accessories afterward. I called my dealership today to ask about installing front grilles and sports pedals and they refuse to do it. The reason is not what you might imagine. They say that the F-sport accessories were not designed for my car and therefore they don't want to have any responsibility should the parts not install correctly. Maybe they think my new pedals might cause me to crash? That kind of makes sense, but the grilles don't seem to be much risk. So now I'm kind of worried about making these mods.

My back-up plan is to pay a neighbor (he's BMW mechanic) install it for me. After seeing another owner's pictures/description of the installation process, I'm not about to try it myself!

Can anyone tell me about their installation experience? Do the F-sport parts fit well? Has anyone been able to get their dealer to install?

#2 ·
I'm perplexed as well. No issue with the F-Sport accessories. Lexus the company thrives on sales of F-Sport accessories for their base models. I'm sure another dealer would take on the work.

#6 ·
Your dealer must be confusing your request with F Sport model parts with certain versions of IS models. I thought there some problems there where the clip points were totally different. But I didn't Think the CT was in that same predicament. Just had the dealer install the F Sport springs and Sway bars yesterday. Dealer even said the basic car warranty is still intact and even the F sport accessories are covered under the duration the car's warranty. He gave it in writing too!

#7 ·
Thanks everyone for your comments. Unfortunately, in Hawaii, there is only one Lexus dealer. But knowing others successfully had their dealer do the install helps. I'll try again! Did anyone purchase parts from Sewell but have their dealer install?

#8 ·
Yikes, Servco!!. . . Well, dunno what to say there, I heard the Hawaii CT's are a different everywhere else (Servco probably had a hand in that). I guess you could give it a shot with the grills first, then look at how your current accelerator pedal looks under your foot well. See if there is a connector under there, unplug it and make sure the connector and mounting parts looks the same as what's on the Sewell site. The brake pad is just rubber and a struggle to get off and on. The dead pedal should be the same. Even with shipping for those parts to Hawaii it's still cheaper than the Honolulu Lexus dealer unless you know someone who works for any of the Servco companies in Hi. If you're still unsure, pm me and I'll gladly take a look at it to see if it's the same as a stateside CT when I go home in May. All of what you're wanting is just looks (esthetics) for the car. No functional upgrades.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.