Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went with the 'dealer' tint. And thus far I have what appears 'bubbling'. THey say it will 'disappear' in a few days. The last time I had my car tinted this was not the case. Also tint isn't as dark as I would like. Guess NC regulations might prevent darker tint?

Dealer charged $400.00 Ripoff???

Thomas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just found out that the ceramic tint used by the dealer is:

a. WAY more expensive because its ceramic (400 is about right)
b. takes longer to cure. 2 weeks for 'small' bubbles to disappear is 'normal.
c. also blocks more heat than 'normal' tint with less viz lost.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Some bubbles are normal. Just park it in the sun for the next few days. As far as what tint they use, how do you even know it's ceramic? 400 is pretty standard for what the dealer charges. Luckily I got my dealer to throw it induring the negotiations.

If the tint continues to have bubbles, have them redo it. At least you'll get a loaner while you wait.

·
Registered
609 Posts
$400 is probably normal for what dealer is charging. They probably paid about $120 to the tint shop who actually did the tint. Wait a few days for the bubbles to go away. It took about 2 days in California sun for my cars' bubbles to go away.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If you second guess yourself all the time you will go nuts. What's done is done. There are valid reasons to have the dealer screen the tinting people, including the fact that if the guy who does it is hung over, the dealer will have to step up and get it fixed.

In the overall scheme of things, if this is the most you overpay for something, you are way ahead of the game.

In my experience, it is normal for there to be bubbles in any tint or shield installations. Check again in a few days, treat it gingerly for a week or so. Most dealers wouldn't say it was "ceramic" if it wasn't.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Up north in GTA my dealer charges $600 + 13% tax regular, $500 + 13% tax discounted. They just take your car to a local tint shop. I am taking my car to a reputable tint shop that does tints for most dealers in the area myself later this week, and I will be paying $300 no tax. Film is formula One Llumar Pinnacle series (ceramic) and there is lifetime warranty on both material and labor. Just wanted to show how much dealers can pocket for offering the same tinting service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.