Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Could you please elaborate a bit? What problem were you facing? Why do you think the engine light should be on? Did I miss your previous post on this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what happen was that we were on the highway during traffic and the speed was slow so i was doing EV mode for a while and had many device turn on so battery was running low, suddenly the car started to shake like crazy and i started to cut off most of the function that required power and the shaking started to go away(maybe the speed started to pick up too i don't remember cause it was while back).

for me this car always makes weird noise here and there and it confuses me time to time. i am not sold with the hybrid driving experience that Lexus said it will be, what i get is a car that makes weird noise and loud engine noise whenever i need some speed( i am not a crazy driver at age 32); only some times when i don't press gas the car rides smooth and quiet but under super slow speed during slow to zero acceleration.

worse part is that when i called my dealer, my dealer told me not to waste both of our time to send the car in cause if the engine light is not on they wouldn't be able to find any problem. lol Lexus On The Park Canada

·
Registered
47 Posts
If the dealer can't reproduce the problem or if you can't reproduce the problem for them, there's little they can do to help you. If you didn't get a check engine light, it might not have thrown a trouble code, which the dealer, or any other technician, can use to diagnose the problem. I'm surprised that they can't at least record a log entry of your complaint.

·
Registered
187 Posts
what happen was that we were on the highway during traffic and the speed was slow so i was doing EV mode for a while and had many device turn on so battery was running low, suddenly the car started to shake like crazy and i started to cut off most of the function that required power and the shaking started to go away(maybe the speed started to pick up too i don't remember cause it was while back).

for me this car always makes weird noise here and there and it confuses me time to time. i am not sold with the hybrid driving experience that Lexus said it will be, what i get is a car that makes weird noise and loud engine noise whenever i need some speed( i am not a crazy driver at age 32); only some times when i don't press gas the car rides smooth and quiet but under super slow speed during slow to zero acceleration.

worse part is that when i called my dealer, my dealer told me not to waste both of our time to send the car in cause if the engine light is not on they wouldn't be able to find any problem. lol Lexus On The Park Canada
Yes, I am quite new, as in a few months new to hybrid as well, and I know that the car makes weird noises from time to time, like when you just open the driver door before your enter the car, then the artificial noise when the car is moving slowly, then the high pitch noise when the regenerative brake is working, these are all the quirks of a hybrid system. You kind of hear it more pronounced because the car is otherwise silent. I have had numerous such questions, and almost all of them got answered by previous posts in this forum, and yes all of them are normal. Yes the car is quite loud when you speed, again this is normal for a regular 4 cylinder, but is again more pronounced because it is silent otherwise. Don't worry about it. As another post mentioned just a while ago that the car noise inside is still significantly lower than BMW 1 measured with noise meter. The engine is otherwise quite sturdy.
As far as violent shaking is concerned, it could have been something with the car, but if there was no rattling sound coming from the hood area, more likely, it is something of a road deformity. I am not saying you are wrong, but as long as the car's fuel consumption did not change, and you couldn't repeat the condition since then, I'd say don't worry. Your car is just fine. Plus Lexus will have you covered if something happens, you still have a good remaining powertrain warranty. Enjoy your car. Try the sport mode. It's quite fun

Although, I am not sure if Lexus on the Park is doing the right kind of customer service if they say that to you without even looking. Try some other dealerships; my dealership is Lexus Downtown, and I have nothing but good service from them. Yes I am in Toronto as well, and I have traveled extensively on 400 series highways :) And yes, I don't like Don Valley North Lexus dealership either.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It does not make any sense to drive in EV mode until the battery i empty.
When there are only 2-3 bars on the battery display left, the engine runs even faster/louder in order to recharge the battery than it would with 5-6 bars at the same acceleration.
I always keep the battery at 5-6 bars, put some simple damping under the hood, and it is a very smooth ride even while eccelerating.

Love my CT!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts