Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone!

Another mod for the CT complete. Earlier today my cousin helped me install the DDM Tuning HID kit with slim ballast for the headlights and fog lights. I got 4500k @ 35 watt for the headlights and 3000k @ 35 watt for the fogs. I also got the error eliminators for the headlights and fogs even though i don't think you need them. I just got them just in case. The color scheme is quite nice, I really like the contrast. The 4500k is so white, crisp, and clean. I will also note that I didn't have any issues of misfires or anything. Drove it home at night with no issues either.

Here is a link to an album of some shots of before HIDs/after HIDs installed/1 during the process! - Photo Album - Imgur

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just ordered a 5k kit from HIDextra but after seeing those 3k fogs installed I might have to place another order, looks great!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea :/ we realized that after we tested it. But i chose to have them put in cuz I payed for em haha.

Good to know I'm not the only one who has success.

Btw , You don't need those error eliminator things. ..... I don't run them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I really love the contrast. My cousin convinced me to go for it and i'm glad i did haha

I just ordered a 5k kit from HIDextra but after seeing those 3k fogs installed I might have to place another order, looks great!

·
Registered
232 Posts
looks so so so sick!! nice!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please let us know hows the kit from HIDextra, because I'm also thinking placing an order there too, this is what I have been using with my Acura before and I think they are great. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can someone please walk me through what bulbs and color to choose to get that same color scheme? I went on hidextra i couldnt find that kit so i went to ddm tunings website. It's a little complicated tho I have no idea what bulb type to choose. And when it asks what color it just lists out the different watts i didnt see anything specific for colors like yellow. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can someone please walk me through what bulbs and color to choose to get that same color scheme? I went on hidextra i couldnt find that kit so i went to ddm tunings website. It's a little complicated tho I have no idea what bulb type to choose. And when it asks what color it just lists out the different watts i didnt see anything specific for colors like yellow. Any help is much appreciated!
Hi,

If you are talking about the same color theme i have going, here is what i ordered from DDM Tuning.

1 set of 35 watt, H11 bulb, 3000k for the fogs
1 set of 35 watt, H11 bulb, 4500k for the headlights

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks great! The headlights match the daytime runners nicely.

I love Lexus Yellow Fogs, can always them apart a mile down the road.

I wonder how much those ballasts weigh?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great! The headlights match the daytime runners nicely.

I love Lexus Yellow Fogs, can always them apart a mile down the road.

I wonder how much those ballasts weigh?
Thanks! I wish the CT came with OEM HIDs... lol. we got jipped.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

If you are talking about the same color theme i have going, here is what i ordered from DDM Tuning.

1 set of 35 watt, H11 bulb, 3000k for the fogs
1 set of 35 watt, H11 bulb, 4500k for the headlights

I hope this helps!
most certainly did!

thanks!

i also found this and im thinking of using this for the fogs instead so i can get that yellow look during the day as well

http://www.headlightarmor.com/12-13-lexus-ct-200h-foglight-protection-kit.aspx

a
nyone purchased from these guys before?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·