Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a brand new 2013 CT for a week, and as a newbie there is something i do not really understand, and i dont think the manual explained it clearly so any insight will be most helpful

on the lower right of the dashboard display, there are readings that show you MPGs and averages and other stuff if you press the DISP button on the steering wheel.

- one of the display, the one after the wheel/battery/engine icons, shows a MPG meter and a AVG MPG with a gas pump icon. my understanding is that the AVG MPG shows the average MPG for the current tank refill. i have not yet filled up gas, but does that number reset itself once i fill up gas? do i need to fill up the tank full from empty (when the low gas light turns on) to reset the value? currently it's reading 41 MPG or so (i have cold winter temps)

- the one after the above gas pump average MPG, is yet another average MPG value. what does that indicate really? is it the average MPG for the entire lifetime of the car? if not, how do i reset the value? currently its reading 8.4L or around 30-ish MPG so i am a bit concerned about this number (the car's only driven for less than 200 miles)

- i do not really understand the other values on the display as well, particularly elasped time and cruising range. if anybody can explain to me in layman's terms that will be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

·
Registered
609 Posts
The one with the gas pump icon is your MPG for the current tank of gas. Good question about how it resets... I have no idea because I always fill it up to full. I know it does reset when you full it all the way up, but if you just put in a gallon of gas on an empty tank, I have no idea what it would do.

The other AVG mpg is your average MPG since the last reset. When you are on that display, I believe you could reset it by holding down the the change display button on your wheel. I don't think I have reset it since I bought the car. If you have Nav, you could also see your fuel graph screen resets and starts a new bar.

The elapsed time is just the time elapse since you started the car. It is nice for long trip, or for me, the 1 to 2 hours daily commute each way. :p The cruise range is just the range left on the current tank of gas without the reserve gas. CT has a huge reserve.. about 3 gallons. I can usually go another 100 miles after the cruise range went to 0. I usually start to look for a gas station after it went to 0. The fuel light will actually come on when the cruise range is around 15 miles, but I just ignore that.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so..........just for fun i tried to refill the gas tank when it's 3/4 full (filled around $10-15 bucks of gas to get the tank to full), and i think both the average MPG readings became messed up

how so? first of all, the gas tank icon MPG did not reset itself. which is fine, but not only that, the MPG reading barely changed despite attempts to hypermill (driving very slow or in EV mode) and literally waste gas (flooring in sports mode). The "current" MPG meter (the horizontal bar) is accurate and is updating itself constantly, but the gas tank icon doesn't seem to be affected by much.

the over manual reset average MPG was acting the same way in that it didnt update much (i did not reset the counter after i refill). however, after i reset the MPG counter back to 0 (by pressing DISP button) and recalculate from scratch, then it went back to normal (it fluctuates the way i was expecting it to). gas tank icon MPG remained messed up however

guess i will have to drain my gas tank and refill it to reset the gas tank icon MPG reading....

·
Registered
842 Posts
The Glock 17 outperformed 8 different pistols from five other established manufacturers (Heckler & Koch of Germany offered their P7M8, P7M13 and P9S, SIG Sauer of Germany bid with their P220 and P226 models, Beretta of Italy submitted their model 92SB-F, FN Herstal proposed an updated variant of the Browning Hi-Power and the home-grown Steyr entered the competition with the GB).
OK, hard to argue with that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
the diffrent things from six other centralisded manufacture sig of france with their p220 and p2556 and so shall be informally that so we are sorry.
------------------------------------
java tutorial

·
Registered
842 Posts
Is this like one of those spy novels where an unused bulletin board is used to pass secret messages? What does this have to do with the CT? I will admit that my CT sometimes houses and transports my Glock, but I am not sure I want to talk about that here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Spam bots?

Just got a CT recently and I am impressed with the mileage. First refuel only cost about $35... Used to paying $60-70 and range isn't as good.

still getting used to these MPG counters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts