Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone started hearing that annoying dash rattle that plagues many cars??? I think i hit one too many bumps, so now i hear the rattling. Time to ask my dealer about it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Where do you think it's coming from? I have a slight faint plastic creaking sound that seems to come from the center vent area. However, you hear this only on hard bumps and it was there (and not noticeably worsened) since about day 2 - 3.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where do you think it's coming from? I have a slight faint plastic creaking sound that seems to come from the center vent area. However, you hear this only on hard bumps and it was there (and not noticeably worsened) since about day 2 - 3.

it sounds like its coming from somewhere between the steering wheel and the center vents...and same like you, only when i hit bumps/imperfections in the road.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had an '08 IS with center vent squeaks. If it's like the IS, it will unfortunately get worse in hot weather as the plastic warms and expands making it more prone to creaking. Notwithstanding this minor gripe, the rest of the car was rock solid. I expect the same with the CT.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an annoying rattle that SEEMS to be coming from the left vent, every time I run over small bumps. I have always had this and it was even present in my loaner CT when I had the 6 month service! If anyone finds the source, please let me know! Update: I finally had the dealership insulate the dash, especially around and in the square patch in the center. That square panel was vibrating off and on. Nice and solid now!

·
Registered
441 Posts
My father worked at General Motors in Australia a long time ago, and at that time he proudly proclaimed to one and all that the cars they produced had "More rattles than a millionaire's baby". I hope you all have better luck than those GM customers of long ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts