Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2014 silver metallic CT200h. looking for a dark blue paint for the calipers that will match the blue in the Lexus symbol on the grill and hatchback. Anyone find something that mathes. So far I am thinking of getting the Dupli-Color Engine Enamel #1606 (Ford Dark blue) I called Dupli-Color and spoke to an engineer who said it would work fine. Now I am only concerned with a good matching color.

Thanks

Dennis

·
Registered
57 Posts
You should post picture once you have it on. I have my paint already I'm just waiting for the right day to do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would powdercoat them instead of using regular paint. Powdercoating is more expensive yet you can be sure of its durability.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you choose to paint your calipers I would suggest G2 caliper paint. They're brush on instead of spray and will last a long time. I believe they have a blue color.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you choose to paint your calipers I would suggest G2 caliper paint. They're brush on instead of spray and will last a long time. I believe they have a blue color.
Yeah I agree, I bought the G2 Kit and its brush on. If you do buy that kit get a better brush cause the one they give you is horrible. The kit also does come with brake cleaner which is nice. The swab on the top of the can is a nice dark blue. Hopefully it will look good on my calipers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
new member question. Will be test drive 200H tomorrow and if i like it i will buy it. I believe they changed the red this year it is now called redline. Is that metallic ? I liked the old color which i believe was metallic more burgundy. In my area southern california you can't get red with saddle interior which i prefer only black. I would like input on colors in general.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My friend was thinking about the Redline CT200h and it really is an interesting color. I'm pretty sure it is Metallic but i cant confirm that 100%. From what ive seen, It truly depends on the light that you are for how the color looks. I personally think its a good looking color, but if you do buy the CT200h with the Redline paint, I think a black interior would work best. Either way its up to you on how you feel about the paint. I think the old red color you are thinking about is the Matador Red!

·
Registered
57 Posts
IMG_4544.jpg IMG_4541.jpg IMG_4539.jpg IMG_4543.jpg
I ended up painting mine! They turned out awesome!!! I used the G2 Paint Kit with some MotoGFX Decals on them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts