Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I hit the corner of a curb today, in my 6 month old 2015, trying to make a turn while being boxed in on a narrow street. Just after getting the car cleaned and waxed too!
I was just wondering if anyone knew if this type of damage should concern me. I know the steel part is bent and the engine cover is a bit cracked but couldn't gauge how serious it was.
Don't know if I should just bend in the frame, get another cover or if I need to claim this with my insurance.

Attachments

·
Registered
990 Posts
I was expecting much worse based on your concerns. You can buy a new lower engine cover if you want but otherwise you just bend alittle of the protruding metal on the subframe. I would suspect that your wheel also went over the curb? I'd be more concerned with bent suspension components. Bring it to an alignment shop to inspect and realign if needed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just have a shop bend the metal to its original position. If you're in the snow belt, I'd make sure to wash the undercarriage and especially the damaged area so the salt doesn't build up there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts