Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CT200h owners,

I have a base premium CT200h (subwoofer not included). I am thinking about building a custom subwoofer enclosure to replace my cargo tray. That way, I will not loose any trunk space. Has anyone done this? I would really appreciate any pictures or plans that I could get my hands on.

Does anyone know where the OEM subwoofer goes in the CT200h? Can I buy the OEM subwoofer enclosure anywhere?

Thank you very much for your help,

Mike

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a base stereo (now modified) and they made a subwoofer enclosure to replace the styrofoam tray which used to sit on top of the spare tire. I'll take some pics this weekend to show what they did....the car appears stock with nothing cut out in the area of the sub.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Have you managed to upload those pictures emejay? I'm thinking of also adding a sub and would love to see some pics.

·
Registered
94 Posts
IMG_0011.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0013.jpg IMG_0014.jpg
Hi,

Have you managed to upload those pictures emejay? I'm thinking of also adding a sub and would love to see some pics.
Thanks for the reminder...I just went out and took a few pics. Hope they help you. Basically, the cut most of the styrofoam spacer and made a particle board box with the speaker facing down, then covered the top part with black carpet. It drops right in over the spare tire with a quick disconnect for the wire.

·
Registered
39 Posts
On the left side behind the small speaker grill...we had room for a custom 10" enclosure completely hidden behind the stock interior panel
IMG_1009.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
emejay,

i also have the base stereo. how did you wire up the subwoofer on your base stereo?
I did it the easy way...I paid someone. :)
I do know we retained the stock headunit, added two amplifiers (one specific to the sub, the other for the speakers in the front door...both under each front seat) and replaced all wiring with thicker wire, replaced the front door speaker with a tweeter and midrange. The speakers in the rear door are still stock, and functional, and they can be adjusted using the headunit front-rear fader. They sound absolutely awful so I fade them out. There is also a new volume control knob (mounted under the steering wheel column) which is specific for the subwoofer...It is handy as the best amount of sub varies whether using the CD vs. Sirius vs. iPod.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Msheppy, are you working on this still?

I am doing the same thing. Doing it myself. I plan to tie into the rear speaker wires coming out of the amp. Just putting a small amp and sub in the tray area. This project will take me a couple months. I plan to put all plans and installation pics on this forum if you are as slow as I am. Otherwise, can wait to see your pics.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Msheppy, are you working on this still?

I am doing the same thing. Doing it myself. I plan to tie into the rear speaker wires coming out of the amp. Just putting a small amp and sub in the tray area. This project will take me a couple months. I plan to put all plans and installation pics on this forum if you are as slow as I am. Otherwise, can wait to see your pics.
that would be very helpful!

·
Registered
70 Posts
So I just bought my "old school" amp. PPI A300.2. I got a fantastic deal. Anyway, I bought the MDF and am getting ready to start. I already ran into my first issue. I can't locate the factory amp. I looked up a diagram on Sewell and it appears that it is supposed to be in the hatch area near the back drivers side tiny window.

Where is this little guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Registered
391 Posts
So I just bought my "old school" amp. PPI A300.2. I got a fantastic deal. Anyway, I bought the MDF and am getting ready to start. I already ran into my first issue. I can't locate the factory amp. I looked up a diagram on Sewell and it appears that it is supposed to be in the hatch area near the back drivers side tiny window.

Where is this little guy?
I think there is an amp under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nothing under either front seat. Looks like I am going to have to use a high to low converter and use the rear door speaker outputs.

I ordered my spreader today. I am only worried about the mouthing depth. I should have it complete in about a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nothing under either front seat. Looks like I am going to have to use a high to low converter and use the rear door speaker outputs.
I don't think the 6 speaker system even has an amp. 10 or 13 speaker systems have it under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
wow you guys are doing some nice mods. i like the subwoofer mod in the trunk.
can the space @ two empty trays on each side of the trunk be used?
won't driving such a big woofer suck some juice out of your battery?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts