Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
speaker: JBL 1014D
amp: Alpine MRP-M500

enclosure was built with 5/8" mdf. fits over the spare tire. completely hidden under cargo tray when done. amp is pretty sturdy so i left it uncovered under the cargo tray. this way i can tune it when necessary. might cover it with a metal grill later.

sound? not bad for a single 10". can thump pretty hard when the gains are turned up. can actually make the car rattle a bit. but that's not what i'm going for. i have the gains set about 2/3 way up. gives a nice low end for normal listening.

LPF set to 80hz. HPF of front speakers set to 60hz. overlap makes the bass seem to come from the front.

amp has a subsonic filter at 14hz.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice set up. I just built a false floor for my air ride wanted to add a system but after putting the tank and compressor underneath just didn't have the room.

·
Registered
692 Posts
That's a really sweet box. I'm not too sure about firing the sub directly into the spare tire though, that probably explains why it's not giving you the response that you wanted. For hatchback cars a box pointed back at the hatch seems to give the best response, but then of course it's not stealth at all and takes up a good deal of space.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no problem with response. tight bass. no rattles.

10" is going to be limited no matter where you put it. for my purposes it's just fine. nice clear low end grunt for normal listening. i wasn't looking to thump it from a block away.

That's a really sweet box. I'm not too sure about firing the sub directly into the spare tire though, that probably explains why it's not giving you the response that you wanted. For hatchback cars a box pointed back at the hatch seems to give the best response, but then of course it's not stealth at all and takes up a good deal of space.

·
Registered
86 Posts
How much volume were you able to get inside that box? Call me lazy, but I just got my CT and have yet to dig into the spare tire area to measure.

I'm thinking of building a similar enclosure.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Plan on about a cu ft of space MAX. If you need more space or want to maximize the space you have, build a fiberglass enclosure. It is much easier than I though it would be. I watch about 50 YouTube videos, and do it. I hated the smell in the car for about the next month, but either it went away, or I got used to it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey man

Are you located in the GTA by any chance??
I'd love to see it in person, perhaps at a ct200 meet or if ertefa ever starts up again?

Thanks

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'll be done with my audio upgrade within the next week or so. I elected to remove the spare tire to gain extra airspace. within the square of the hatch floor I will have a 10" sub in a ported box with two amps and end up being the same height as the rest of the hatch.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Plan on about a cu ft of space MAX. If you need more space or want to maximize the space you have, build a fiberglass enclosure. It is much easier than I though it would be. I watch about 50 YouTube videos, and do it. I hated the smell in the car for about the next month, but either it went away, or I got used to it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks. It didn't look like much airspace, but I'll only be needing about 0.6-0.7 ft^3. I'm hoping there will be enough room to get that plus flush-mount my two amps and cap.

Whenever I get around to building this system, I'll definitely check back in and document the results.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am in the GTA. Let me know if there is a meet. I don't check the forums that much anymore. Got tired of some of the knobs in here pretending like they know something when they were just shelling out bad advice.

As for the volume I was able to get just over 1 cu ft of volume for the sub box.

Hey man

Are you located in the GTA by any chance??
I'd love to see it in person, perhaps at a ct200 meet or if ertefa ever starts up again?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
speaker: JBL 1014D
amp: Alpine MRP-M500

enclosure was built with 5/8" mdf. fits over the spare tire. completely hidden under cargo tray when done. amp is pretty sturdy so i left it uncovered under the cargo tray. this way i can tune it when necessary. might cover it with a metal grill later.

sound? not bad for a single 10". can thump pretty hard when the gains are turned up. can actually make the car rattle a bit. but that's not what i'm going for. i have the gains set about 2/3 way up. gives a nice low end for normal listening.

LPF set to 80hz. HPF of front speakers set to 60hz. overlap makes the bass seem to come from the front.

amp has a subsonic filter at 14hz.

Any chance you still have the plans for this box? Willing to sell?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts