Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I recently bought a 2010 Tundra Rock Warrior this past April. I absolutely love it. The truck is like my baby, has 27,000 miles and I love the mods I've done and have in mind.

My only concern at the moment is, I just got my Paramedic license and have been applying to a few different services. One being in my town and another 40 miles away. Gas for the truck is disgusting. I'll be watching the prices over the next few months, but if they continue to increase, I may have to trade in my girl.

I know the biggest thing about the CT that I love besides the amazing look, is the MPG. Holy crap!!!! Loving the mileage. How's the power as well?

Can anyone post pics of their CTs? Preferably inside and rear seating space. I love the seating space in the Tundra but just curious how some other people feel about it. I'll be 23 in a few months and rarely have a car/truck jam packed with people.

Any pics of the interior, trunk space, ect would be appreciated. Show off them CTs!!!!

also, I bought my Tundra from a Lexus dealership and I have to go back within the next few weeks for an oil change and service, going to try and test drive one when I go!

Thanks for the input everyone, I really appreacite all your help,

Ryan

·
Registered
371 Posts
Really? 85 views and not one person can put any input in? Thanks guys...really appreciate it.
Sorry to say, but it’s a very quirky group.

·
Registered
200 Posts
best thing is to see it in person...

pics wont do it justice...there are plenty around by just searching on GOOGLE

·
Registered
180 Posts
Here's mine:

Exterior with hitch.

Interior left with booster seat.

Interior right with toddler seat. Note: Wife is 5'4", so there's less room than it shows if the front passenger seat is adjusted for someone who's not a hobbit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I do not have any pics but I came from a Honda Pilot so can offer some things I went through which you might go through as well - space wise etc.
On my first test dirve I was totally in love, loved the hadling and cockpit feel etc. A bit of a different story though on my second test drive. It was then that I felt like there were blind sport and it was a bit cramped. I was also told up front that you can't fit golf clubs in the back without folding one or both seats flat.
So, I did some soul seraching but the thing that brought me to the CT was luxury/styling and stellar fuel economy (heck a Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris/Echo can net you pretty good mpg's - not a good as the CT but at a way lower purchase price). How could I possible go from driving an 8 passenger SUV to a little CT? Like I said it would be a big shift in my driving experience but I was prepared to make the change and after another test drive I bought the CT.
I park underground at work and it is an old newpaper building (I htink the printing presses were down there) so there are pillars and tight corners all over the pace and it was there that I found my visibility from within the CT to be poor. But (and there are good posts here on these things) after adjusting my mirrors and lowering the rear headrests and I think just getting used to the sight lines etc. I do not feel like my vision is limited.
We have a tall 14 year old (almost 6 feet) but he is young and fits in the back seat as does a friend if/when we share drop off/ pick up duties for his hockey and volleyball games and practices so the size or lack thereorf is not really an issue.
And you can fit your golf clubs in the back hatch area but if I have more than one bag I do drop a seat as it is just easier - there is a post about that too.
I must say I do like to drive a hybrid as I find it more engaging as I am always trying to get the best mpgs I can and am always monitoring the hybrid gauge to try to keep it in electric only - and of course the current mpg indicator and everytime I fill up (which is like once every 2.5 - 3 weeks) I grin ear to ear as the way I look at it is the car is free becuase my payments (325/month) and monthly gas <50$ per month is less than it cost me for gas for my Pilot!

Like TSoprano says go see it/drive it yourself - I suggest a couple of times at least as everyone is different and has different likes/wants/needs/preferances etc. so you need to make sure it is right for you.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Really? 85 views and not one person can put any input in? Thanks guys...really appreciate it.
I think a lot of people would suggest that there are CT200h sites galore with photos and specifications, and a Lexus dealer would help you out with a catalogue, and more importantly a test drive. Good luck with your researching. You will see from this site a lot of us are pretty keen on our CT's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do not have any pics but I came from a Honda Pilot so can offer some things I went through which you might go through as well - space wise etc.
On my first test dirve I was totally in love, loved the hadling and cockpit feel etc. A bit of a different story though on my second test drive. It was then that I felt like there were blind sport and it was a bit cramped. I was also told up front that you can't fit golf clubs in the back without folding one or both seats flat.
So, I did some soul seraching but the thing that brought me to the CT was luxury/styling and stellar fuel economy (heck a Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris/Echo can net you pretty good mpg's - not a good as the CT but at a way lower purchase price). How could I possible go from driving an 8 passenger SUV to a little CT? Like I said it would be a big shift in my driving experience but I was prepared to make the change and after another test drive I bought the CT.
I park underground at work and it is an old newpaper building (I htink the printing presses were down there) so there are pillars and tight corners all over the pace and it was there that I found my visibility from within the CT to be poor. But (and there are good posts here on these things) after adjusting my mirrors and lowering the rear headrests and I think just getting used to the sight lines etc. I do not feel like my vision is limited.
We have a tall 14 year old (almost 6 feet) but he is young and fits in the back seat as does a friend if/when we share drop off/ pick up duties for his hockey and volleyball games and practices so the size or lack thereorf is not really an issue.
And you can fit your golf clubs in the back hatch area but if I have more than one bag I do drop a seat as it is just easier - there is a post about that too.
I must say I do like to drive a hybrid as I find it more engaging as I am always trying to get the best mpgs I can and am always monitoring the hybrid gauge to try to keep it in electric only - and of course the current mpg indicator and everytime I fill up (which is like once every 2.5 - 3 weeks) I grin ear to ear as the way I look at it is the car is free becuase my payments (325/month) and monthly gas <50$ per month is less than it cost me for gas for my Pilot!

Like TSoprano says go see it/drive it yourself - I suggest a couple of times at least as everyone is different and has different likes/wants/needs/preferances etc. so you need to make sure it is right for you.
Thank you!!! These are the types of responses I was looking for. Real life issues/loves. I plan on going to the dealer in the next week or so to get my oil changed for the truck, I'll see if they have one on the lot then. I only ask for YOUR responses because the dealership will tell anyone anything to get them to buy the vehicle. I'd rather hear it from people who use it every day and their feelings of regret/happiness of it. Thank you to those who replied. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thank you!!! These are the types of responses I was looking for. Real life issues/loves. I plan on going to the dealer in the next week or so to get my oil changed for the truck, I'll see if they have one on the lot then. I only ask for YOUR responses because the dealership will tell anyone anything to get them to buy the vehicle. I'd rather hear it from people who use it every day and their feelings of regret/happiness of it. Thank you to those who replied. Much appreciated!
Things that bug and drive me crazy:
The navigation lockout is my number one annoyance. My portable Garmin doesn’t lock me out, I don’t have to sign a waiver, the maps are lifetime, and I can select other voices other than being locked in to just one female voice.

The calendar is useless. Too bad reminder dates can’t be saved to make it worthwhile.

Even with premuim sound, the stereo does not sound that good.

No radio station preset buttons on cars with navigation. The stations must be accessed using the display and mouse.

No heated steering wheel offered in the USA.

Rear hatch cannot be remotely opened with a key fob.

No cup holder for rear seat occupants (very minor annoyance).

No engine temperature gauge.

Rear window and camera lens are nearly impossible to keep clean.

The blind spots on this car are ridiculous bad and the side mirrors don't make up for it.

Gas tank is too small. The perception is that I’m using a lot of gasoline because I’m always stopping to fill up the tank.

Things that are really great:
The seat bolstering is fantastic – very comfortable for long trips.

Great seat warmers that feels so good on your back.

Love the way the driver and passenger’s windows slow down the last 2-inches before closing.

Styling is wonderful – nice bold front end stance.

Basically a very quiet cabin that’s well built and squeak and rattle free.

Windshield washing was well thought out. After initiating the washing cycle, the wipers make two swipes and then waits a certain amount of time before giving one final wiping cycle before ending. Brilliant!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just chimming in now and all I can say is might as well plan on the inevitable and start shopping now...
I had an F150 that I loved but practically got "Gas Pump Anxiety" every time I went to fill up. Now with my CT, I chuckle at the pump. If you dont need a work vehicle, do it... and the CT has been quite an eye catcher as well.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Things that bug and drive me crazy:
The navigation lockout is my number one annoyance. My portable Garmin doesn’t lock me out, I don’t have to sign a waiver, the maps are lifetime, and I can select other voices other than being locked in to just one female voice.

The calendar is useless. Too bad reminder dates can’t be saved to make it worthwhile.

Even with premuim sound, the stereo does not sound that good.

No radio station preset buttons on cars with navigation. The stations must be accessed using the display and mouse.

No heated steering wheel offered in the USA.

Rear hatch cannot be remotely opened with a key fob.

No cup holder for rear seat occupants (very minor annoyance).

No engine temperature gauge.

Rear window and camera lens are nearly impossible to keep clean.

The blind spots on this car are ridiculous bad and the side mirrors don't make up for it.

Gas tank is too small. The perception is that I’m using a lot of gasoline because I’m always stopping to fill up the tank.

Things that are really great:
The seat bolstering is fantastic – very comfortable for long trips.

Great seat warmers that feels so good on your back.

Love the way the driver and passenger’s windows slow down the last 2-inches before closing.

Styling is wonderful – nice bold front end stance.

Basically a very quiet cabin that’s well built and squeak and rattle free.

Windshield washing was well thought out. After initiating the washing cycle, the wipers make two swipes and then waits a certain amount of time before giving one final wiping cycle before ending. Brilliant!
So what makes you think the gas tank is too small? I get a minimum of 450 miles out of a tank with over a gallon left. I've never owned a car that went even close to going that far on one tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
So what makes you think the gas tank is too small? I get a minimum of 450 miles out of a tank with over a gallon left. I've never owned a car that went even close to going that far on one tank.

`Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
The deal is Lexus wants you to have a 3 gallon reserve. So all thier stats ranges miles to empty, etc. are based on 8.9 gallons ( 11.9- 3 gallon reserve). Gas tank is plenty big all you have ot remember is that when gas tank is empty or range says 0 miles you can still go another 120 miles.

I have had lots of cars, mainly manual shift performance cars. The CT doesn't have blinding accleration but the 0-60 mph is a little misleading, because of electric assist. It does well in highway passing and cruising at 70-85 mph easily. The handling is very nice. Almost sports car level. The car is quiet and has a nice interior , the true Lexus 460 bigots say the interior isn't at their level which is true, but still ery nice.

Don't know what your budget is but you might consider the new Camry hybrid 40 mpg ( or even better the Lexus 300h more bucks, but has Mark Levenson stereo nad other high end fetures; I am consdidering getting one. Also for 2013 Toyota has completely redone the Avalon, said to compete with Lexus ES, and they have an Avalon Hybrid. Also , there is the option of the Golf TDI or more luxury the Audi A3 diesel. Then another new entry if you want performance and mileage, the 2013 Ford Focus ST 251 hp, 0-60 less than 6 seconds and 36 mpg highway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.