Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I stopped by Jim Falk Lexus in Beverly Hills, and was told that they are selling at MSRP, and have units coming in. Is anyone in So Cal selling below MSRP?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Try Larry @ Vista Lexus. He'll hook you up. I've been sending people to him and he's been doing at least $500 off MSRP. With more coming in now, they have less power to sell @ MSRP.

·
Registered
49 Posts
$500 off MSRP isn't exactly a windfall, and frankly, I'd be surprised if it got much better than that any time soon. At Desert Lexus in Palm Springs (well, Cathedral City), they got 3 in, and 2 were sold the first day. One was mine. (Love it!)

That was a week ago. I don't know if there's still one left, but even if there was, if I was the dealer, I don't think of one car on the lot as burning a hole in my pocket. They have precisely zero incentive to bargain.

I certainly don't know about any other dealers in SoCal, but I'd think it would be about the same.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. I'm thinking about ordering one soon, but I'm curious whether there is really a strong demand for these cars or if the demand was created purely as the result of the marketing build up and launch coinciding with the earthquake. I'd like to jump in at around $1000 below MSRP.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Up here in WA all of our cars are selling for invoice! The only discount is if you already own a Lexus you get $1k for loyalty.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Interesting. I'm thinking about ordering one soon, but I'm curious whether there is really a strong demand for these cars or if the demand was created purely as the result of the marketing build up and launch coinciding with the earthquake. I'd like to jump in at around $1000 below MSRP.
Lexus didn't believe that there would be a strong demand for the CT in the North American market. So, even before the earthquake, there wasn't going to be a lot of them around. I think that the allocation was 1000 cars per month nation wide. Their real target for the car is the European market, where they hoped that it would significantly increase their market share. Lexus is not as well known there! That being said, I believe that the CT has succeeded here far beyond their expectations! :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Lexus didn't believe that there would be a strong demand for the CT in the North American market....That being said, I believe that the CT has succeeded here far beyond their expectations! :D
Agreed. This was never intended to be a high-volume sale.

If the tsunami was a factor, it's a small one. No price increases, and the supply of other Lexus models hasn't been affected that I can see.

All of which speaks to supply and demand. Keeping supply tight means that there's no incentive for Lexus to come down in price, not even a nickel, and certainly not on their least expensive model. This car is such a pleasure that it's easy to forget that!

So I wouldn't build a buying strategy around getting a break in the price.

Of course I'll be looking for my $1000 loyalty discount NEXT time. :p

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Up here in WA all of our cars are selling for invoice! The only discount is if you already own a Lexus you get $1k for loyalty.
Did you mean MSRP instead of invoice ?

I paid MSRP for a 2011 on August 6, 2011.

The interesting thing is that its price was within about $1,000 of the 2010 Prius V with Advanced Technology Package that I bought my wife last year. The Prius has some features that are not available on the CT! The CT is great, however the Prius IMHO is a lot better than some CTer's feel :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
The interesting thing is that its price was within about $1,000 of the 2010 Prius V with Advanced Technology Package that I bought my wife last year. The Prius has some features that are not available on the CT! The CT is great, however the Prius IMHO is a lot better than some CTer's feel :D
I think that some people who put down the Prius never drove the V, and never played with the Advanced Technology Package. That thing is INSANE. Not just a backup camera, but a car that will back into the space for you, as well as parallel park...and doing a great job at that. Adaptive cruise control, lane assist...it's just a really great package.

My wife (who broke her back...my advice: don't do that) and I just couldn't stay comfortable in it for any length of time....but there are things about it that we definitely miss. I'd gladly recommend the Prius V to anyone.

That said, I'd prefer that the CT was able to add more features rather than a Prius V with more comfortable seats. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Decided to go ahead and order from Jim Falk Lexus at MSRP. That dealership is like a block away from home, and a $500 discount from Vista isn't worth the long distance hassle. A $1000 discount might be worth it, so I'll keep my eyes and ears open for pricing trends. I figure there is no risk in putting the order in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any updated pricing for the CT200h in SoCal? I was hoping to find a base model, but not many available.
I got mine for $528 off MSRP at Jim Falk Lexus in Beverly Hills. I read in another thread someone getting $1500 off MSRP from Lexus of Carlsbad.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was able to get a base model from Lexus of Glendale for $29,500
The dealership have been pros and I dig the weekly free washes

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been able to find a dealer with a 2011 base model that is willing to sell for $500.00 over invoice, but I’m not crazy about color. He is willing to sell a fairly loaded 2011 premium model for $500.00 under invoice. Apparently there are not a lot of base models floating around in inventory. I had another dealer tell me he will make a deal for $1,000 off sticker on a 2012 base model that they have already at the port. It should be available in a week or two; he said Lexus holds up delivery of the 2012’s when there are still plenty of 2011’s in dealer stock. Am I better off waiting for a 2012?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just got back from my first oil change at Tustin Lexus. They had 2 whites, a yellow, and a red sitting on their lot. Don't know if they had more in back or not, but I bet you could bargain with them. They were the only dealer that would negotiate back in March when I bought mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All... I'm in NJ. East Cost Pricing is CRAZY better than CALI. I brought mine on Aug 30. I was $2600 below MSRP (That included the $1000 Loyalty.) I got the premium with Navi.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Ugh! Whatever! Lol.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think they have a $1000.00 window if not more. When i bought mine earlier this year I applied a local car show Lexus coupon emailed to me for a $1000.00 discount. All depends on how many they are selling. In 6 months of having the car i am very pleased.

CT200h Premium, Starfire Pearl, Navigation, Nulux black

1 - 19 of 19 Posts