Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Backstory:

I had a 2012 CT200h with approx 9k miles on it. Loved the car.

Last week I was minding my own business driving the speed limit (45mph) on a road near my house when suddenly my world was turned upside down. A Ford F-150 in oncoming traffic decided to pass a car by crossing the double yellow line (!) and slammed right into the front of my CT. This all happened in the blink of an eye, and I had no time to react. I'd guess he was going at least 55mph.

I thought other CT owners might want to see the aftermath:

All of the airbags deployed, and I escaped with bruises and some aches and pains.

I've got to say I'm impressed how well the CT protected my physical being. Unfortunately, although I'm mostly fine, my CT will not get to drive again.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm glad you're OK! At least now I feel even safer in my Ct. Do you plan on getting a new CT after the insurance pays you out?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm glad you're alive after a frontal colision !!!
Good Job CT ! It's unbelievable the level of security we've reached.
And ofcourse once again i'm speechless in front of the abyss of human stupidity (of that ford driver obviously...)

·
Registered
121 Posts
As sad as it is to lose the car the main thing is that you were okay - whew!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone.

I am lucky to be alive and in one piece thanks to the CT200h. I'm considering replacing it with the 2013 model, but I'm also looking at a few other cars as well. I don't know how much the insurance is going to pay out, so that is going to factor into things.

·
Registered
383 Posts
amazing...glad you are ok though. I'm just curious, how did the F-150 fair?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm glad you're alright too. And I'm glad those Lexus enineers know how to engineer safety into the design of the car too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good Job CT!!!!!

I read a report earlier this week which states CTs security level can compare to European Cars like BMW and Benz~!

Now I totally believe that is true!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts