Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
875 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Well this thread went no where fast. Hopefully someone reading this can see the purpose of this thread. Foam board at Michaels. Works like a charm! Drank a cup of coffee on my way to work today. Glad I'm still alive! At least I don't have rattles ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
Yeah, I am feeling really daring. I intend to drink some water from the bottle I keep in my cupholder on the way to work tomorrow. I better check to make sure my will is up to date and my organ donor card is with me.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yeah, I am feeling really daring. I intend to drink some water from the bottle I keep in my cupholder on the way to work tomorrow. I better check to make sure my will is up to date and my organ donor card is with me.
This will help.. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
best foam to use: MOUSE PAD

i used a mug to trace the circle. cut. place smooth side (mouse side) down and leave the plain foam side up.

advantage of the mouse pad foam?
- STICKY. it was meant to be anti-skid on your desk. water bottle stays in place.
- COLOR MATCH. goes nicely with the color of our console. almost f-sport grille like :)
- FREE. pad gets dirty? worn out? cut out another one. keep an extra one in glove box.

no need to put on the sides since the stickiness keeps your drink from moving.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
390 Posts
Did yours not come with anything in the cup holders? Mine has two circular pads in the bottom, kinda like a rubbery material like you'd see on a jar opener grip. I can't really make anything of this thread or the part you linked to see if it's any different or better

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
85 Posts
I'll have to double check but I didn't see anything in mine. at all. I was also missing the little felt piece on the rear driver side passenger grab part. So I will be ordering those. I am wondering if the JDM Lexus NX illuminate cup holder inserts would actually fit in there. We have deep cup holders and I installed them on my wife's NX and it made the interior so much nicer with ambient lighting.

My one goal here shortly is to change all the green leds to white. I can't understand what Lexus was thinking using green leds inside. Their white looks so much better. Green just looks so outdated to me. I'm even tempted to to possibly change it to amber like our Mercedes. Amber is a very soothing color to look at during the night time, it's very easy on the eyes.

NX illuminated cup holder inserts:
Fluid Wood Ingredient Tissue paper Toilet

Gear shift Automotive design Vehicle Car Steering wheel

Automotive lighting Flash photography Gadget Water Headlamp

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

-Nigel

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
390 Posts
Those cup holders are very nice! I don't use cups anyway, so if they work, I could put them in just for fun. But I'm definitely interested in your type of mods and your experience with these things. I've done a ton of lighting in my time, but replacing all the green LEDs to white might be a bit much for me unless I know what LEDs to use. I hate the green too and wish it were more uniform, but oh well. So if you do it, I'd be very interested to see you make some DIYs for all of your mods.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts