Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it took me since March to finally find something I actually hate on the CT, the visor.

The visor is to short and when the sun is on the side it is useless as it's about, at least, 6 inches to short of blocking the sun on the drivers side, unless your real short and have the seat all the way forward. From the the front there is a wide gap that with no extensions allows the sun in your eyes also. :( Surprised that Lexus didn't think that out better or it wasn't discovered in their testing.

But I guess that's not that bad if that's all I can complain about. ;)

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Worst inconvenience for me are the front doors. Always need to be careful opening the doors so as not to scrape the corner on a kerb or sidewalk.

Biggest issue in my book is lack of power. That's why it would not be my daily driver.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a long laundry list of things I would like to see improved on the CT. If I had to single out just one complaint it would be the entire navigational system (single female voice, not getting directions correct and getting only "close" to the destination, voice recognition, havingto buy map upgrades and paying for e-assist, etc.). Oh, did I forget to mention the jiggling side mirrors that can't be fixed?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well it took me since March to finally find something I actually hate on the CT, the visor.

The visor is to short and when the sun is on the side it is useless as it's about, at least, 6 inches to short of blocking the sun on the drivers side, unless your real short and have the seat all the way forward. From the the front there is a wide gap that with no extensions allows the sun in your eyes also. :( Surprised that Lexus didn't think that out better or it wasn't discovered in their testing.

But I guess that's not that bad if that's all I can complain about. ;)

Are you coming from a Prius v ? I'm about to sell my 2010 and still thinking every day about the Ct. Like the style of my Prius on the 17 inchs but if for about the same price I can ride in the Ct why not?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a long laundry list of things I would like to see improved on the CT. If Ihad to single out just one complaint it would be the entire navigational system(single female voice, not getting directions correct and getting only "close" to the destination, voice recognition, havingto buy map upgrades and paying for e-assist, etc.). Oh, did I forget to mention the jiggling side mirrors that can't be fixed?
Did those side mirrors jiggle from the start or did that develop later? Mine don't jiggle. That makes me think it can be fixed, perhaps by another dealer.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Are you coming from a Prius v ? I'm about to sell my 2010 and still thinking every day about the Ct. Like the style of my Prius on the 17 inchs but if for about the same price I can ride in the Ct why not?
I have a 2010 Prius V with Advanced Technology package. I like both the CT and Prius. The Prius has more room, gets better mileage and the JBL radio is better than the basic or premium CT audio; probably not the ML level ,but we can't get that in the USA. The manual seat adjustment on the Prius sucks, CT is very nice on driver, only back and forth on passenger and seta back.

The sun visor is not great but I can live with it.

The power is very good, not blinding but more than adequate in all situations I have encountered.

The fit and finish and luxury items are very good , maybe not top Lexus quality of the 460 , but very good.

Lack of cupholders in the back is liveable.

What I would really like to have and would make me happiest would be a 6-speed manual shift transmission.

My second biggest want would be cooled seats in addition to heated.

Third would be blind spot monitoring, even thought the side mirrors and rear view are very good.

Fourth - the lock-out while driving on the NAV and phone book is a pretty sophmoric solution in the guise of safety.

Fifth- and maybe even first the basic and premium audio are not very good level. They should be better and ML should be offered in the USA.

Sixth - You have to be very careful setting up navigation if you say highways expressways only it can take you way way out of the best route.

Now the real biggest Pet Peeve is the 16 character limit on the Navigation display; the is a Lexus restriction The field is 40 characters wide and Lexus in their infinite wisdom limits the display to 16 characters. This is akin to early DOS names being limited to 8 characters, for those old enough to remember.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Did those side mirrors jiggle from the start or did that develop later? Mine don't jiggle. That makes me think it can be fixed, perhaps by another dealer.
Both side mirrors jiggle and my dealership says that it is "normal" compared to other CTs on their lot. It drives me crazy and I'm not willing to take it to the only other dealership in town.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Both side mirrors jiggle and my dealership says that it is "normal" compared to other CTs on their lot. It drives me crazy and I'm not willing to take it to the only other dealership in town.
Mine do not jiggle at all; there is something amiss with your CT and the dealer is not taking proper responsability. Ask to go with dealer representative in another CT.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Lexus Nav has never been at the top of the scale for car Nav systems...they could learn lots from Infiniti...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a couple - but I like the car overall..

1. I'm with you on the NAV - could be much better. Why can't we have our iPhone/Android just plug in and have the NAV from that show up on the screen. They could lock out games/movies when the car is moving, but the damn things have Sat radio (sort of), NAV, internet radio, sports scores, weather - why do I need to buy that twice, plus have the planned obsolescence in a car?
2. The center console media holder rattles all the time - I now have it in the glove compartment - could be on the way to the trash - plus - why does the little door that has the USB jack have to be open when you have a USB cable attached? Can't they design it so we can have a cable attached and the door shut?
3. Lighting should be much better - HID standard, LED interior
4. Controls for the heated seats are just weird - they pop up and turn - should be rocker switches with 3 positions - on, low and high. Would love to have the option of cooled seats too.
5. Why do I have to have leather seats get memory seats? Maybe a car that has a sustainability/ecological bent to it may have people that don't want dead animals covering their seats to get memory controls?
6. Haven't had any issues with the visor - but that's me...

·
Registered
53 Posts
... just one complaint it would be the entire navigational system (single female voice, not getting directions correct...
How can you tell she's single? ;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
How can you tell she's single? ;)
:)
Good one! You’re right, I don’t know if she’s single or not; it was just an assumption on my part. :) I’m not trying to be sexiest, but if the lady living in my CT navigational system is anything like my wife telling me where to go, we’re going to get lost for sure. For some unknown psychological reason, I feel better taking driving directions from a male’s voice. I know it’s totally unfounded but that’s just the way I am. In my Acura, I’ve programed my nav system to have a lady’s voice associated with anything phone related (she’s so pleasant to listen to when announcing calls) and anything associated with navigation, I have a man’s voice telling me when and where to turn.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My CT mirrors do not jiggle at all. As said something is wrong...
I’ll have to have my dealership revisit my complaint with the mirrors. Mind you, they don’t flop around like a bobble-head on a bumpy road, but they do slightly jiggle when traveling down a smooth highway. I guess I’m just really sensitive to this minor movement. On the other hand, the visor shortcoming controversy in the CT that everyone is concerned about, doesn’t bother me in the least. We all have unique issues that trip our trigger.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I haven't noticed my mirrors jiggling at all. But definitely agree on the sun visors. I started another thread on this forum about it.

Here's a kicker, I have a HS250h as a loaner right now. It has extensions on the sun visors!! I wonder if they will fit on the CT?? Seriously, I want to know if someone can tell if the HS sun visors will fit on the CT.

It also has the heated and "ventilated" front seats. Nice rotary control too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah, the short visors are definitely the biggest annoyance for me. It's only an issue once in a while, usually on a longer trip.

The gps navigation was different from my Garmin unit, so at first I didn't like it, but now I actually like it much better. I especially appreciate not having the "recalculating" message.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I hate the multi function display - the one which shows the odometer, engine/battery usage, mpg etc - on the dashboard. It's low rez black and white, which looks really naff in a car of this class. There must be millions of cheap colour high rez displays around (think mobile phones) so why use the crappy one they have done?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.