Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. I'm aware that the CT and the Prius share the same powerplant, but I recall watching a video where the designer of the CT said the CT hybrid set up is different from the Prius. At full throttle, the CT puts out 650V of power until the gas engine kicks in. The Prius only puts out 500. The reason many claim the CT feels faster than the Prius from a dead stop. I think the two cars have same 0-60 time is because the CT is heavier and the Prius is more aerodynamic. Anybody have any idea if this sounds right.

·
Registered
205 Posts
In normal mode the Prius feels faster coming of the line. I find the ct feels sluggish ,imho

·
Registered
38 Posts
At full throttle, the CT puts out 650V of power until the gas engine kicks in. The Prius only puts out 500.
Actually, we discussed this in another thread around here somewhere.. but in Sport mode, the CT is capable of 650V, regardless of throttle position. In any other mode, full-throttle will provide 650V. Anything less than full throttle is limited to 500V. That's the same for the Prius.. 500V normal, 650V full throttle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts