Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a VWTDI owner that is planning on switching to Lexus 200h. I want a used. nav+heated seats+back up. My questions are:
1. is there a real difference in the 2013 and 2014 ? I've read that the 2013 is noisier than the 2014.
2. What is the difference in F-sport and a base or premium? Does one drive better?
3. What is the highest mileage to accept on a car? My VWTDI has 48000 and is a 2013 that was bought in 2012.

4. I've seen F-sport with 48000, but the other cars with base or premium have less miles....which is best?
5. Is the ride different on the F-sport as compared to Base?
6. Are the speakers better in one car vs another?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Carriebeth,

I leased a 2012 CT200H Touring 4 years ago, and now currently own a 2016 Lexus CT200H F Sport Special Edition. Since these cars were of different trim (one was touring, one was F sport), I do not know if my experiences would be 100% accurate, but comparing these two cars, I would have to say the new post-facelift CT is a little bit quieter. However, it also rides a bit stiffer (probably because of the F Sport suspension). To answer your second question, yes, the F Sport does handle significantly better during turns, but keep in mind that there is no actual increase in power. The Lexus CT is generally known as an extremely reliable car, and I had zero issues with my 2012, which had about 95,000 KM on it when I traded up. I think it is safe to assume that a slight difference in milage will not significantly impact the car's value, performance, or reliability, given that the car was well maintained. I cannot accurately answer your question about the speaker; all I can tell you is that my 2012 had worse (and 2 less) speakers than my 2016 Special Edition.

Good luck on your purchase!

·
Registered
306 Posts
As Maple said above. Reference your last question. The Mark Levinson system has 13 speakers and the sound quality is excellent compared to the 10 speaker system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
During the life of the CT, the 2014 model was the first and currently only major update to the car. You can look at this small article for the basics on the changes:

Lexus CT 200h and F Sport refreshed for 2014 | Autoweek

While the F Sport model handles better, it does so with firmer suspension tuning than the non-F Sports, so the ride is a little harsher. I drove them both before choosing and the difference wasn't that noticeable. Only on bumps and broken pavement really.

As you see in the article, the sound system was upgraded on the 2014 and onward. Just make sure you get the Nav or Display Audio packages to get the upgraded 10-speaker system vs the base 6-speaker one.

As long as the CT you're looking at has a good maintenance history, you should be ok with virtually any mileage. I bought my 2014 new, and have been the only driver. I drive it normally, with the occasional hard driving, and have maintained it very well. It now has 243k miles, or about 391k km on the odometer, and I have had no major issues.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm a VWTDI owner that is planning on switching to Lexus 200h. I want a used. nav+heated seats+back up. My questions are:
1. is there a real difference in the 2013 and 2014 ? I've read that the 2013 is noisier than the 2014.
2. What is the difference in F-sport and a base or premium? Does one drive better?
3. What is the highest mileage to accept on a car? My VWTDI has 48000 and is a 2013 that was bought in 2012.

4. I've seen F-sport with 48000, but the other cars with base or premium have less miles....which is best?
5. Is the ride different on the F-sport as compared to Base?
6. Are the speakers better in one car vs another?

thanks for the help
Hello!

I hope I am not too late on this but basically I'll say the same as everyone else. The handling on F-Sports is great! I have an F-Sport SE with the sway bars and lowering springs and I LOVE the way it drives. I get compliments from everyone on how the car drives.

It's a matter of opinion of course and driving style. If you do not drive too fast or do not care for hugging curves on windy roads, a base model will be great. F-Sport handling is amazing and stiff and just hugs curves, which is what I love.

Good Luck! Keep us posted on your purchase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does everybody still own/love their CT 200h's? So 2014 was the ONLY update from 2011-2017 in US versions? Who has the most miles on theirs, still running strong? What kind of real world MPG are you getting? Is F-Sport costlier to repair if suspension damage? Thank all who answer very much!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts