Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New user here. Enjoyed looking through your forum. In looking for a new car. Narrowed it down between a CT200h and an Acura TLX. Both are similarly priced with the acura maybe 1-2 grand less. I have a 60 mile highway commute to work 3-4 times a week. Anything in particular I should consider? The TLX is a normal shaped car, but the CT looks nice to me as well. Both are slow, but that's not the reason I'm buying a car anyways. I've never owned a Lexus before, but have had numerous Acuras before with good results. Highway mpg for acura is 35 with premium gas.

No Prius for me because I HATE the center stack console. I'm looking to spend $35k. Already saw the Golf and didn't like. I liked the A3, but with the options I wanted, it would be $40k+.

I don't think there is a 'wrong' choice between the CT or TLX, but was hoping there was someone out there that went through something similar.

thanks guys

· Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like you'd probably be happier with the TLX. The cost savings will probably be negligible given that your commute is mostly highway, and you won't have to deal with the hybrid's relative lack of power or other compromises (interior space, etc).

· Registered
24 Posts
TLX's 2.4 L, 8 speed will definitely be peppeir than CT and it may have an edge in tech options as well-jewel led's , touch shift etc..Not to mention interior space(CT lacks it).
You have had few Acuras and maybe a Lexus ownership experience may be the trigger for change!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.