Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking did anyone receive this mail or this something legit:

I just received a letter today from CAFLOR Industries (which is contracted by Toyota/Lexus to procure vehicles as part of an exhaust emissions test program required by the California Air Resources and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It indicates that my vehicle has been randomly selected as a candidate for this program. In the event, I do participate and selected I will receive: 1)a $200 Check upon completion of the evaluation 2)loaner car 3)appearance enhancement of the vehicle 4)full tank of gas. The entire program will last 1-2 weeks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I received the same letter and did a quick search on the web. Found only 2 relevant results. One was a thread on clublexus.com ( CAFLOR Industries? - Club Lexus Forums ) from 2006 that sounded like the same program from the same company. So, this has been going on for at least 5 years and EVERY reply to that person's questions "Should I do it?" and "What do you think?" was "No!" and "I don't know; sounds a little suspect." The other was the company web site ( Welcome To CAFLOR Industries )

I also found some information about the government program and it's requirements at this link: §*86.1845-04***Manufacturer in-use verification testing requirements. :: PART 86--CONTROL OF EMISSIONS FROM NEW AND IN-USE HIGHWAY VEHICLES AND ENGINES :: CHAPTER I--ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY :: Title 40 - Protection of Environment :: Code of F

I decided that I'm just not comfortable with handing my CT over to some testing facility, even if it is legit. Anyway, the government requirements state that the vehicle must have at least 10,000 miles on it and I'm way short of that target!

I hope that this helps! :)

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Seriously. I got the letter too, probably cuz I live so close to Toyota's testing facility in Gardena. It just makes you wonder why they couldn't rent a car or what not to do the testing on. They're driven pretty regularly too. I'm speaking in regards to the other, more common Lexuses that are in the same pool like the IS, ES, GS, and RX.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts