Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone noticed a glare on the side mirrors? It is more pronounced on the driver's side than passenger side. The culprit is the silvery trim dash board and the shiny chrome center vent knobs. If I cover those areas with cloth the reflections are gone. I tried different seating positions including using pillows but the glare was still there. My CT's production date is 05/12 and don't know if there are variations in the trim levels between productions. This started to bother me as we approach the fall, the sun is now at different position so it is bothering me more ever than before.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Same problem here a royal PIA !!!!

232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you Audi4T. Have you complained to Lexus? Driver's side mirror is a safety requirement along with interior rear view mirror, and must conform to FMVSS. But the passenger side mirror is required only if your rear view gets obstructed w/ cargo, etc... Technically a passenger mirror I think, is not a requirement. But, since we got a station wagon I am gonna argue w/ Lexus that is also a safety item. If they squawk I will then threaten to file a safety related issue w/NHTSA. Let me first deal w/ my dealer then I will escalate to Lexus, if my dealership choose ignore me. To me a side mirror must be useable, rattle free and glare free with unobstructed view. What is the sense of having a side mirror if its usefulness is negated with glare? I equate this to a seat belt in importance as a safety item.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
371 Posts
I, too, have noticed the glare. You can put a strip of black electrical tape over the metal piece on the dash that's causing the glare. Tacky, but it works.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've noticed the same thing but thought it was just me. I was thinking about replacing the chrome with one of the wood trim upgrades. Not sure what Lexus can do about the problem.

232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my Band Aid fix...

Thanks for the suggestions. I did cover w/ black electric tape and it worked... the glare is GONE... For some unexplained reason, when I plopped the bamboo trim which is lighter than the OEM black flat trim piece the passenger side glare was dissipated (I guess this is the right word?). The glare is still there, I can see it, but it is no longer offensive.

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Center console Family car
Car Vehicle Family car Volvo cars
Vehicle Car Family car

232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've noticed the same thing but thought it was just me. I was thinking about replacing the chrome with one of the wood trim upgrades. Not sure what Lexus can do about the problem.
Sorry Loki, the bamboo/burl walnut/carbon fiber trim fix for the passenger side does not touch the silvery trim. Also you got to replace the piece on top of the HVAC display and the right hand side by the vent. It is a ROYAL pia!!! Got to clubLexus, ct200H forum there is thread for nav/dvd lock out module where they posted a detailed DIY guide how take apart the these trim pieces, which is a daunting task. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts