Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Nothing official yet, but my gut feeling is that CT 200h will go on sale in Europe sometime between late this year and early 2011 as in North America.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that the Paris Auto Show Press Days (Thursday 30 September & Friday 1 October) will see Lexus release European pricing, and the carmaker may well take advantage of the automotive press gathered for the show and set up a Press Preview in or near France where the major automotive media would get to drive CT 200h for the first time.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Why are they leaking them Europe first as oppose to say Japan or America? Odd.
Not really odd. We in North America might assume that Lexus carries the same image and popularity in Europe, but, with the exception of the United Kingdom (England), Lexus is a niche, low-selling luxury brand, akin to, say, Saab in the U.S. Lexus is convinced that, if it's ever going to grow in Europe, CT will be the ticket. Hence, the world premiere took place over there, and it is widely expected that the Press Preview for journalists for the major car magazines, websites and blogs will be held in Europe as well, as opposed to here in the U.S. Further, unlike most other Lexus models that go on sale in North America before they do in Europe, expect a simultaneous North America/Europe release for CT, or even for Europe to get it a couple of months ahead of us.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've read that the European market is looking at brands like Lexus to take some of the action away from stalwarts like Mercedes and BMW and Audi. A little competition never hurts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts