·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks, Yardbird.

Got mine installed yesterday. There seems to be slight variations in price for the same thing on ebay. Don't know why, but I went for the least expensive I can find, which came out to be $37 and change.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I hope you like it. I think it's worth for the price.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well worth the price. One more thing. After it rained, all my screws rusted, so I went back to eBay and bought some stainless steel replacement screws (whole bag for like $6). At least the screws were made in the USA (so the auction description says...).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wanted to ask tk1971 and yardbird88 and anyone else who has installed the mud guards, whether these guards are holding up well. Also, about the drilling, did the drilling involve any metal parts of the car? Or was it just the plastic/rubber parts. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Wanted to ask tk1971 and yardbird88 and anyone else who has installed the mud guards, whether these guards are holding up well. Also, about the drilling, did the drilling involve any metal parts of the car? Or was it just the plastic/rubber parts. Thanks in advance.
It's holding well after one year. The front ones use existing OEM screws while the rear ones require drilling to the plastic flanges of the rear wheel's well. But the screws will rust so I just painted them black.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks for the quick response! When you say the plastic flanges of the rear wheel well, does the drilling involve just the blacked wheel well portion or does it involve the extension of painted fender along or behind it as well? Are you still with me? :) Thanks again.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks for the quick response! When you say the plastic flanges of the rear wheel well, does the drilling involve just the blacked wheel well portion or does it involve the extension of painted fender along or behind it as well? Are you still with me? :) Thanks again.
Only the black plastic part.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I didn't say they are OEM but they are custom made for CT200h aftermarket mudguards. BTY, my iphone is made in China too.
Great job... It's just a piece of plastic and if it works then go for it (Sorry I am a polymer scientist so I know plastics ....). Most if not all mudguards are made in China, including OEM, the dealers just stamp its logo (lexus, Chevy, Cadilac etc... ) on those and charge more... DYI for 1/3 of the costs. I will search for 2015 mudguards next. Thanks

·
Registered
990 Posts
I just installed these on my starfire pearl CT. Quality of these are amazing along with fitment. I can confident say these definitely reduce the dirt build up on the back of the car. I don't know how but after a week of driving it's very obvious.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
187 Posts
Completely agree regarding the significant dust reduction capabilities of the mudflaps: http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-pictures/134793-few-minor-modifications-my-2013-ct.html#post1756906

The CT was already gave me great satisfaction regarding almost zero brake dusts. Only trouble was the rear hatch dust. Now it is completely gone. The rear does not get any worse than the sides upon driving. I'm a happy camper. :)

In another news, the CT also wins the Vehicle Satisfaction Awards AutoPacific - Vehicle Satisfaction Awards. Of the many cars that I have owned and continue to buy after I acquired the CT, the CT has given me an absolute 0 troubles three years into my ownership.

Edit: To add to the above, the mudflaps have had no effect on my fuel consumption based on my 1,500 km of driving so far.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts