Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of MPG is everyone expecting out of the CT200H?

Will the MPG offered be a major selling or breaking point for you?

·
Super Moderator
85 Posts
Hey Mike,

I'm expecting around 35mpg or better. The Corolla and Yaris gets around 35mpg freeway, so a hybrid "should" do just as well, if not better. RIGHT?

·
Super Moderator
85 Posts
I actually get around 28-30mpg on average.. 400-420 miles/tank when the light comes on. 14 gallon tank in my IS250 RWD :D

One time, I went on a road trip and got around 35mpg/avg or around 480~ miles/tank when the light came on.

So yeah, a smaller car with a smaller hybrid engine should definitely yield me better results!

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's not bad at all - I get right at 22 in the IS300, and that's the best of all my cars :eek: The wifey's Hemi Magnum is the MPG king in my house, and that's a little sad...

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Bear in mind that CT200h uses the Prius powertrain in a smaller (but not necessarily lighter given Lexus' additional luxury bells and whistles) car, and, possibly, a coefficient of drag a notch or two higher (less aerodynamic) than the Prius' 0.25, and I'd say it'll, at best, match the Prius' 51 mpg city / 48 mpg highway / 50 mpg combined on the U.S. EPA cycle. Perhaps it'll be, at most 1 or 2 mpg down on those numbers, but it'll certainly be well above the HS 250h's 35 mpg city / 34 mpg highway / 35 mpg combined.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
50's might be attainable considering the engine/powertrain from the Prius, but because the CT will have a lot more standard features and sound deadening compared to the Prius, it will be a bit heavier. I expect this car to get phenomenal mileage, even more so than the HS250h.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Frankly I'm hoping for 45mpg... I'm a potential prius refugee and seeing as my current car is advertized as getting 50+, but comes in more like 45 actual, I would hope that the CT gets somewhere around high 30's low 40's for actual...

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Frankly I'm hoping for 45mpg... I'm a potential prius refugee and seeing as my current car is advertized as getting 50+, but comes in more like 45 actual, I would hope that the CT gets somewhere around high 30's low 40's for actual...
That sounds like a reasonable & realistic ballpark.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts