Lexus CT200h Forums banner

121 - 122 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my first winter with my CT200 and it's a TERRIBLE vehicle in the snow....I was on a small, snow covered incline and absolutely could NOT MOVE. I have 55 years of driving experience, NEVER had an accident and only 1 ticket in my life, so I don't think it's a matter of taking ANY driving courses.. This car is simply NOT good in snow and I am extremely disappointed. I have put it 'away' for the winter and am back to my Ford Escape which I never have a problem with. I'll think twice about getting another CT even though it's gorgeous and GREAT in warm weather.
This is my first winter with my CT200 and it's a TERRIBLE vehicle in the snow....I was on a small, snow covered incline and absolutely could NOT MOVE. I have 55 years of driving experience, NEVER had an accident and only 1 ticket in my life, so I don't think it's a matter of taking ANY driving courses.. This car is simply NOT good in snow and I am extremely disappointed. I have put it 'away' for the winter and am back to my Ford Escape which I never have a problem with. I'll think twice about getting another CT even though it's gorgeous and GREAT in warm weather.
I'm very late to the conversation. Purchased my CT200H '2015 just this year as a Boston city car. Loved it. Moved to Maine 6 months ago and still loved it but understood it was not a severe winter car. Purchased new studded snow tires in November and have found them highly effective. However, this car is light and they do not work on ice or black ice. I've been advised that is as expected. So I'm not disappointed. Plan to use my husband's Highlander in extremely bad weather. Recommend you reserve use of the CT 200 for Spring, Summer and Fall if you live in a colder clime.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got a '13 the other day and put some snow tires on it. It was terrible in the snow with the 3 season tires and still had issues stopping with the snow tires on. Wasn't as bad though.

Biggest complaint is that it's a luxury car so you are very disconnected from what is actually going on (ie you can't feel the gas and brakes like a normal car) and the hybrid system is annoying when it is screwing with the engine on and off when you are trying to drive at slow speeds, no feel for what is going on, and having to press the pedal half way down to move the car makes for a crummy drive in the snow where you actually want some sort of feedback if the tires are turning or what is going on. Very disconnected experience and I don't like that in the snow, that said when not in the snow it's an absolute dream to drive. We will stick to our little Yaris for the snow, that thing is a mini tank

121 - 122 of 122 Posts