1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Huh ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm guessing that's Photoshop of some variety... if not, that color is approaching an illegal tint of blue and I'd like to know how you achieved it.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Is it even his car? Does the 2nd car look silver/like a different car or something?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jeeze guys - sounds like an interrogation.

Photos are most likely underexposed/color corrected to achieve that look (which is why the DRL's are blue and the car looks silver). If he just pointed his camera at the headlights and shot it, it would probably blow out the colors.

Also in first picture, there is quite a bit of vignetting so it's definitely gone through post-processing.

Or I could be totally wrong and that's an awesome HID kit. Either way, nice photos.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes, very nice pics. hehe

·
Registered
152 Posts
Didn't mean to sound like I was initiating an interrogation. It would just be nice to have some background on the pictures rather than just leaving us wondering. The pictures are nice, yes. I'm just curious if there was a possibility to actually get the LED strip to illuminate with a blue hue. This would solve the issue many people are experiencing with the HID color contrast causing the LED to appear yellow.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
It would just be nice to have some background on the pictures rather than just leaving us wondering.
Same here.

I'm just curious if there was a possibility to actually get the LED strip to illuminate with a blue hue. This would solve the issue many people are experiencing with the HID color contrast causing the LED to appear yellow.
Not sure if that's possible. I figured out the LED's turn MUCH dimmer once your turn on the headlights. The LED DRL's by themselves are SOOOO bright in person, but once the headlights are on, they're scaled back a lot, so don't think it could happen. Now if there was a way to disable the LED DRL's from being on when your headlights are on, that might be another option?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The pics was taken with wide angle, under-exposed and no flash.
The original DRL color is white, it's post processed to blue hue and cropped to 16:9 for desktop wallpaper :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These 2 pics were taken by my iphone4. No flash as well. No post processing done. I believe the area lightning is making the DRL look bluish.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Wow, that iphone takes great pics!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts