Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hope the fog lights actually "work." I've seen other car mfgs with fog lights and let's just say they don't add much to benefit the cost.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I hope they make the foglights "IS300 Yellow"

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Yellow foglights? I didn't know they actually existed. Does it make a difference or it really just for looks? :)
Just for looks IMHO.
The yellow actually helps a lot in the rain or actual fog; moreso than regular 4300K bulbs. It has to do a lot with the visibility of the yellow spectrum of light.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kayotik is correct. If you do some research to understand how light works in different ambient light conditions, you will see that the yellow lights for the CT200H (if it does have that), will be a nice feature to have.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've read articles in favor and NOT in favor of fog lights. Honestly, I've driven in thick fog (think new england on an autumn or spring morning) WITHOUT fog lights and I had no problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The owners manual refers to fog lights with a footnote "if equipped" implying they are not standard, but I have not seen any pictures or actual cars w/o them.

Easy enough to change the color of the fog light to yellow by replacing the standard 55 Watt H11 type lamps to ones that are in the 3300-3500K yellow spectrum range made by a number of suppliers like PIAA, Hella, MTEC and others. Cost for 2 bulbs is about $25-65 depending on the brand.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
The fog lights on the CT200h are actually very good

·
Registered
33 Posts
You are right, audi4t - the stock fog bulbs are the same German made Osram bulbs found in the low beam headlights (assuming you don't have the LED headlights). I prefer yellow fog lights because I personally find them better for night snow and fog driving. I installed MTEC japan-made 3300K yellow fog bulbs in my CT. [It is a pain to replace the bulbs since you have to lay on the floor and remove/replace plastic panels under the car on each side to access the bulbs]. The MTEC 3300's look hardly different from stock, maybe a bit dimmer, when facing the car. Looking out from the driver's seat, they cast a very yellow light. If you want a really yellow look, other Lexus models have used a yellow capsule surrounding a white bulb - not sure if that is available for the H11 bulb size.
A feature I wish the CT had was the ability to turn on the fog lamps w/o having to have the low beams on.

Here is a pic of my car in daylight with the yellow fogs.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Coming from the IS300 I love the yellow fogs. Not only do I find it improves in rainy and foggy weather but I love how they make you stand out :) How hard were they to change Mike, I was thinking about doing this but hoping they aren't as rough to change as IS300 (Have to remove bumper for those)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Coming from the IS300 I love the yellow fogs. Not only do I find it improves in rainy and foggy weather but I love how they make you stand out :) How hard were they to change Mike, I was thinking about doing this but hoping they aren't as rough to change as IS300 (Have to remove bumper for those)
It is not that hard to change, the manual has pretty good photos and instructions on how to do it. I changed mine yesterday to yellow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The only challenge with the bulb replacement, IMO, is getting the black plastic panels back in their original place since, but it's not really that difficult. Since the car is so low, the access would be much easier if the car were on a lift; otherwise you just need to get on the ground and as thsiao correctly says, the owners manual has decent instructions.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
If I do end up going down this route, I would want to go with something more yellowish similar to the IS300 and GS300 back in the early 2000s

1 - 20 of 33 Posts