Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just took delivery of a 2012 CT200h F Sport. I really love the car and like many new cars with low front ends and almost no approach angle, I can see that I'll be scraping the underside of the front bumper and bumping into high curbs no matter how attentive I want to be. My other car is a Honda S2000 that is lowered over 1 inch. I was able to buy a great under-bumper part that is stainless steel wrapped with Kevlar tape that bolts onto the existing under-bumper tray mounting holes. It's unobtrusive and sticks forward about 1.0" from the face of the bumper. It has saved me enormous amounts of grief (I'm on my third one in 9 years). Does anyone here know of a similar part for our cars? If not, is anyone interested in buying a part like this if available? I was thinking of contacting the company who made the one for my S2000 to see if they'd make some if there is a demand. Here's what it looks like:
s2000bumperprotector1.jpg S2000bumperprotector2.jpg

Thanks for checking it out.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had a '91 Supra that I had this problem with MANY times and a '00 Boxster that I have to careful about (have scraped the under side pretty good twice in the 12 years I've owned it), but so far I haven't made contact with the ground in the CT. There have been a few occasions when I thought that I did, but no signs of damage. The clearance seems low, but not so much. Has anyone else had problems with scraping the bumper cover on the ground?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I've had the car less than a week. Carefully pulled up to a curb in front of a parking space. Misjudged the curb height and now the underside of the front passenger side front bumper has a nice four inch gash in the paint.:( With all the testing Lexus did before releasing this car (or any car) they didn't figure out they'd need a replaceable lower front bumper guard on the F Sport? I am very disappointed that there's not even an aftermarket guard available. I give up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey maxxasman2,

Where did you find the spoiler protector for your S2000? I have purchased several over the years for my S2000, but I only know of one company that makes them (coastal metals), and they are no longer doing that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts