Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the CT200h cargo liner (Lexus Parts World - Lexus Floor Mats and Accessories) ($112 plus shipping) from LexPartsWorld a few weeks ago and was disappointed when it arrived.

I think it fits awkwardly and poorly. There’s a flap that does not conform to the surface area, so it just dangles there. It keeps the rear seats from being easily raised and lowered. It has small tabs to keep it in place, but they’re not very effective. It only functions properly when the seats are folded up -- when they’re down (so the floor is flat), it retracts into the interior, leaving half the cargo area uncovered.

I’m returning it.

To me, the better solution to protecting the cargo area, including the backs of the rear seats and the upsloping portions of the area toward the right and left edges, is to use a space blanket. It’s big enough, folds very compactly into the sub-floor storage area, and is a good thing to have in case of emergency.

Just wanted to help anyone considering this purchase.

·
Registered
115 Posts
there is a weathertech-like cargo TRAY that i really like and am glad i ordered it which protects the cargo area (with seats up). waterproof and fits like a glove.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think it fits awkwardly and poorly. There’s a flap that does not conform to the surface area, so it just dangles there. It keeps the rear seats from being easily raised and lowered. It has small tabs to keep it in place, but they’re not very effective. It only functions properly when the seats are folded up -- when they’re down (so the floor is flat), it retracts into the interior, leaving half the cargo area uncovered.

Just wanted to help anyone considering this purchase.
Just wanted to add some counterpoint! I used this on Easter weekend to transport some speakers between LA and San Jose. There are not w/sub and w/o sub options for this (since it is soft in that area of the liner); just fold the flap over or under if you have a sub. I got it installed so that I could raise and lower the seats without it moving at all! It was secure and covered everything it was supposed too in either position. The "fit" was very good, just as good as the other Lexus rear mats. Now, having said this, installation was not easy! Getting the "pockets" that go over the floor "flaps" (that cover the hinge area when the seats are down) was a bit tight and took a little effort to "seat" properly (no pun intended!). Also, the "tabs" that secure the stiff seat back sections are a bit tricky to slide in between the seat back and the attached carpet, but they do fit. It also took a little "massaging" when folding the seats (up or down) for everthing to fold into place nicely. It stayed in place during the trip up (seats down) and back (seats up). I did have a problem with one speaker sliding around on top of it! One of the rear seats rested lower than the other one; there was a gap between the speaker and the "rear" of the seat. I put a folded towel under the front of the speaker on that side. Problem solved!

I did remove the liner when I got back because it was a bit of effort to "work" with it on a daily basis, but I will use it again if the need arises! I do wish that there was a subwoofer version though, that folded flap just doesn't look "clean"!

I just realized what "flap" danrichman might be referring to! They are the "pockets" that go over the floor "flaps" I mentioned above! They would indeed get in the way of the seats folding properly if not installed correctly!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
there is a weathertech-like cargo TRAY that i really like and am glad i ordered it which protects the cargo area (with seats up). waterproof and fits like a glove.
Are you saying you got a knock-off brand one that's similar to Weather Tech's products? I'm still waiting for them to come out with winter mats for the CT.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i ordered a cargo TRAY. presumably, it is supposed to have a lip all around to catch fluids. does anyone have one to confirm and rate?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Are you saying you got a knock-off brand one that's similar to Weather Tech's products? I'm still waiting for them to come out with winter mats for the CT.
i got the one sold by Lexus - had the dealer order it and got it 5 days after delivery of my car. didn't mean to say i got WeatherTech brand (but i do have a WeatherTech cargo tray in my Mazda). The Lexus one is much thinner and pliable than the WeatherTech, but it still seems reasonably thick.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i ordered a cargo TRAY. presumably, it is supposed to have a lip all around to catch fluids. does anyone have one to confirm and rate?
i have it and i like it. it has a slight lip but also multiple "cells" which each can catch some spillage. however, if you were carrying a gallon of acid, i doubt it would be able to catch it (or resist corrosion).

·
Registered
245 Posts
i have it and i like it. it has a slight lip but also multiple "cells" which each can catch some spillage. however, if you were carrying a gallon of acid, i doubt it would be able to catch it (or resist corrosion).
Does the lip of the tray fold flat when you fold the seats down and lay something across it?

I've got the clear mat with spikes in my RX and I like it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great. thanks. sounds like it will work perfect for me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
you guys are talking about this cargo liner right?

becasue i was going to get it, i dont care about it protecting the trunk or not, i just want to know if the flap that comes out to protect the bumper is actually large enough to protect the bumper... you guys didnt talk about the flap that comes out .. did you?

·
Registered
180 Posts
you guys are talking about this cargo liner right?
becasue i was going to get it, i dont care about it protecting the trunk or not, i just want to know if the flap that comes out to protect the bumper is actually large enough to protect the bumper... you guys didnt talk about the flap that comes out .. did you?
This thread somehow changed into a "Cargo Tray" thread at some point, but yes, the "Cargo Liner" flap does extend over the edge of the bumper (and down about 6 more inches, I think). It would be hard to "hit" the actual bumper when loading and most likely impossible when unloading.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I too bought this and it is not that bad at all. I did the same thing though and thought it didn't fit properly until I figured out that those "pockets" fit over the floor flaps. I found it was much easier to put on when the seats were folded down but one of the tabs just doesn't like to stay snug at the top of the seats. I also like the flap that drops down over the bumper when loading/unloading - this proved helpful one weekend when my son had a hockey tournament and we were loading/unloading his hockey bag a few times a day. I do not have the premium stereo :( so I didn't even realive that this would be an issue if you do have the sub - I do see that the cargo trays have sub and no sub options.
I would give this a 7 out of 10 rating. I would like to see a bit thicker carpet piece for the flap that hangs over the bumper and instructions (with pictures!) would be nice too.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yeah. There were instructions, but you had to ask for them specifically from the dealer. It took 8 of my friends to figure it out. But they did! LOL.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This thread somehow changed into a "Cargo Tray" thread at some point, but yes, the "Cargo Liner" flap does extend over the edge of the bumper (and down about 6 more inches, I think). It would be hard to "hit" the actual bumper when loading and most likely impossible when unloading.
thank you, becasue all i needed was to protect the bumper when i pull things out like snowboards, etc... and i hate to have the bumper protectors stuck on at all times... haha thanks so much

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the cargo liner and my experience is the opposite of the OP. In my experience it attaches well to the back of the rear seats and still allows the seats to easily go up & down and covers the entire area of the trunk. as well as the back of the seats. It does NOT cover the bit of leather/nuluxe that wraps around the back of the headrest/seat. It only covers areas that are carpeted.

As Scott said, there is a flap that does not conform to the subwoofer and like Scott I just fold it under and it stays in place (or leave it up covering the sub if I'm worried about something scratching the sub).

The flap folds under itself when not in use and when unfolded more than covers the bumper.

·
Registered
53 Posts
can anyone post pics of all these descriptions? lol for the seats down, and also for the cover of the bumper? just wondering casue sewel has only the one pic

·
Registered
7 Posts
cargo liner needed?

I just received my ct a week or so ago. (smokey granite, nav, leather) It came with several accessories including a carpet cargo mat, cargo tray, rear bumper applique, and cargo liner. The tray is on top of the carpet cargo mat. The cargo liner hasn't been installed yet. I was wondering if the cargo liner is even needed with all of the other accessories? Does it add much more protection for the rear bumper or cargo area when the seats are down? Has anyone found installation instructions yet?

Thanks. Loving the CT.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just received my ct a week or so ago. (smokey granite, nav, leather) It came with several accessories including a carpet cargo mat, cargo tray, rear bumper applique, and cargo liner. The tray is on top of the carpet cargo mat. The cargo liner hasn't been installed yet. I was wondering if the cargo liner is even needed with all of the other accessories? Does it add much more protection for the rear bumper or cargo area when the seats are down? Has anyone found installation instructions yet?

Thanks. Loving the CT.
It is most useful when carrying cargo that requires both rear seats to be down. I removed all the other rear mats/trays when I used it (to get a nearly flat rear cargo area!) I took it out after I was done moving stuff; the other solutions are more "friendly" day to day! :)

Instructions are available through your Lexus dealer, but I just figured out how to install it. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I'll upload the instructions when I get a chance. Look for them in the morning.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For those of you who might do silly things like bringing home a good size flowering cherry tree or bags of soil and don't care that the liner doesn't say "Lexus" on it, Lee Valley Tools has a small cargo liner (XH803 - $24.50 CDN, will ship to USA) that fits when the rear seats are down.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts