Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello CT200h forum,

At the moment we own a 2004 BMW M3 which don't get me wrong I do love and plan on keeping for a long time to come but my wife would like something a little more luxurious, the 2012 Lexus CT200h. I have been doing a little research online and watching a few Youtube videos and it's safe to say the more I read/watch the more I want one. I wanted to come here and speak to you guys to get your opinions as the owners/users.

I have found a Lexus online that I like here https://www.for-sale.ie/lexus-ct200h and here are some specs. 2012 CT200h 5door 1.8L Hybrid engine, 47,000 miles on the clock.

The most important question would have to be, is this a family car? is there enough boot space for a double pram and baby bag etc? Then in terms of the ride, does she run smooth and comfortable? or is it a little more sporty and you can feel the bumps? When I go to visit the 2012 CT200h what should I be looking out for? is there anything that is known for going wrong on the 2012 model?

Looking forward to some replies!

Cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey welcome to the forum

i just joined myself, having picked up a nice '12 ct200h a week ago.

i don't have a baby, but was poking around the forum after seeing your post. hopefully this will help :
http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-general-discussion-forum/117921-fitting-baby-stroller-s-baby-car-seat-s-lexus-ct.html

here's an even better thread with a happier ending :p
http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-general-discussion-forum/119504-new-2012-ct-200h-f-sport-se.html

i CAN tell you that it has pretty good room. i owned a pontiac vibe previously, and the 'only' difference in interior size is the ct200h is about 5" shorter. if you're a tall person sitting in the back seat, that could be painful, but shouldn't affect the baby/baby seat.

to me, the ride is firm, but soaks up the bumps pretty nicely.

good luck!

·
Registered
313 Posts
If you go to YouTube, and search for "Alex on autos CT 200h" you will find 2 videos: one is his review of the car, comprehensive at 23+ minutes, and the second one is him showing fitment of child seats in the CT.

While luxurious to a degree, the CT rides firm, and I wouldn't classify it as a family car. I highly advise a test drive first.

·
Registered
29 Posts
While luxurious to a degree, the CT rides firm, and I wouldn't classify it as a family car. I highly advise a test drive first.
yep def go drive the car. bring the seats and stroller. hope it works out!

raidin, hope you guys are relatively save and dry after harvey.

·
Registered
313 Posts
yep def go drive the car. bring the seats and stroller. hope it works out!

raidin, hope you guys are relatively save and dry after harvey.
Thank you. My area didn't flood, thank goodness, and things are slowly returning to normal around here. =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies and links guys I will go check them all out now and then get back to you.

Back shortly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts