Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know if anybody on the CT forum is using an iPod nano in there CT. If so is it working OK. Do you get the CT with a cable to connect to the iPod?

Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wanted to know if anybody on the CT forum is using an iPod nano in there CT. If so is it working OK. Do you get the CT with a cable to connect to the iPod?

Thanks
Yes, I use a 1st Generation iPod Nano 4GB through the USB jack without any problems. I also have a 5th generation model that I haven't tried, but can sure test if you'd like. I assume you're having problems. What model are you using?

Edit: I have NAV if that matters.

1st Gen.
5th Gen.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not have the car yet till October (2012 Model) but I want to buy a new iPod nano to use in the car. I wanted to make sure that it works before I buy the iPod.
I will also have NAV in my car.

·
Registered
237 Posts

Thanks
I use a nano in the CT all the time, works fine with the cable and USB port. Also fits in the space on top of the power outlet very nicely. I also have Nav

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sorry to ask, but why buy a Nano? Why not buy a 64gb iPod? Or even a 160gb original iPod? in fact, why buy an iPod at all when a flash drive put in your USB port will hold 32 gb or more of music (especially a LaCie Moskeyto drive that you can put in your USB port and put the flap down)?

I just ask as I have a 32 gb iPhone and I am wishing I could buy a 64 gb version as I have 400 mb left.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sorry to ask, but why buy a Nano? Why not buy a 64gb iPod? Or even a 160gb original iPod? in fact, why buy an iPod at all when a flash drive put in your USB port will hold 32 gb or more of music (especially a LaCie Moskeyto drive that you can put in your USB port and put the flap down)?

I just ask as I have a 32 gb iPhone and I am wishing I could buy a 64 gb version as I have 400 mb left.
I had the iPod and use it for other things (working out, travel etc), that is why I use mine. It would be nice to be able to close the flap and just leave it in there though!

·
Registered
208 Posts

One advantage to the iPod over the flash drive is playlist support.

Also, I have gone through 3 hard-drive based iPods that I used in my Prius. I think the heat and constant jostling reduces their lifespan. That is why I switched over to a flash-based Nano.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had the iPod and use it for other things (working out, travel etc), that is why I use mine. It would be nice to be able to close the flap and just leave it in there though!
It took a little elbow grease, but I was able to rout an iPod cable through/under/around the cupholders and into the center console so it's all completely out of sight.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It took a little elbow grease, but I was able to rout an iPod cable through/under/around the cupholders and into the center console so it's all completely out of sight.
I wish it had been designed that way!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What cable do you use to connect the iPod with the CT ? Is it the cable that comes standard with the iPod or is it a Lexus cable. If it is a Lexus cable, do you get it with the CT or do you have to buy it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
What cable do you use to connect the iPod with the CT ? Is it the cable that comes standard with the iPod or is it a Lexus cable. If it is a Lexus cable, do you get it with the CT or do you have to buy it.
There's no such thing as a Lexus cable, as far as I know. I've hooked up my iPhone 4 with the standard USB cable that came with the phone, or the same one you can buy just about anywhere.

·
Registered
209 Posts
"Also, I have gone through 3 hard-drive based iPods that I used in my Prius. I think the heat and constant jostling reduces their lifespan. That is why I switched over to a flash-based Nano."

Wow, that's impressive (in a bad sort of way). Thanks for telling me that - I was half considering getting an iPod classic and dumping my entire music collection on it, but no longer!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Belkin (iirc) do a nice black USB cable that matches the CTs interior.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts