Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed in my purchase documents that a charge of $495 was included as part of the purchase price. Have read in this forum somewhere that an alarm is provided as original equipment. If so, the charge may be an error? Would appreciate comments before I go back to the dealer for clarification.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Does the CT come with an alarm? Does the $495 line item say it was for an alarm? Maybe they did what my dealer did, which is to install Low jacks on every vehicle they sell, and they force you to buy it. In my case, that was an $800 add on that I did not want but had to accept.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think there's an option for a glass breakage alarm that does not come standard. That sounds like that's what you could have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Finally found out it was for a "theft deterrent device", not an alarm at all. Neither was it a device, though. It is for the glass etchings on all the windows that would identify me as the owner if the car were stolen. It's supposed to be registered with some insurance company. But I have yet to see proof of registration and it's something that comes with the car. Next time they'll charge extra for seatbelts ? :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thanks guys. Finally found out it was for a "theft deterrent device", not an alarm at all. Neither was it a device, though. It is for the glass etchings on all the windows that would identify me as the owner if the car were stolen. It's supposed to be registered with some insurance company. But I have yet to see proof of registration and it's something that comes with the car. Next time they'll charge extra for seatbelts ? :)
You can buy a kit for doing that on the net for maybe $20-$25. Very easy to do and my insurance company had a discount for it which made it worth it, but would probably take 25 years at that price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.