Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots has been said (criticized?) about the acceleration (or lack thereof) of the CT200h. From my perspective, a 0 to 60 time of a little over ten seconds for the hybrid ain't all that shabby when one considers the mileage it gets, and on regular grade fuel at that. Back in the mid-1960s, the best the so-called "muscle cars" (Pontiac GTO, Chevelle SS, etc.) could do was shave at best a couple of seconds off that time. Few unmodified production cars of that era were capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 in less than 8 seconds.

My front-wheel drive 2009 ES350 with its paltry 272 HP V-6 that shares the garage with the CT has a 0 to 60 time of 6.8 seconds, and today it would beat nearly everything Detroit and the Europeans were able to turn out in the '60s.

Have the times and automotive expectations changed over the last half-century? To quote that lady from Alaska, "You betcha!"

I didn't buy the CT to drag race or go canyon carving. Even so, when the Power Mode is selected, the little bugger feels a little like a cross between a hot rod and a sports car from the early '60s, when my ride of choice was an Austin Healy (bug-eyed) Sprite, except that it took three or four cigarettes to reach 60 mph.

I only wish the CT was a little easier to get in and out of for someone my age whose body doesn't bend like it did 50 years ago.

Comments anyone?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Acceleration time is at the bottom of my list if I'm a hybrid buyer. And to be honest, I'm even surprised at how nervous this car can be, if I need it to be.
But what I don't understand, is the reviews being so-so because of this.
Car-critics really don't get it with this car.
When I put gas now, I almost smile! :)
When I hear the clic saying that it's full, I almost shout: "already?" ! :)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Acceleration time is at the bottom of my list if I'm a hybrid buyer. And to be honest, I'm even surprised at how nervous this car can be, if I need it to be.
What exactly do you mean by that? Sorry, I'm not following.

Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
What exactly do you mean by that? Sorry, I'm not following.

Thanks
Sorry, my first language is french.
Just mean that acceleration time was not in my top ten of important features when I bought that car. Saving on gas was first, so I understand that saving fuel doesn't rime with unbelievable acceleration.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Cool Claude, thanks, no disrespect! I love your city, I've been there many times (mostly for bachelor parties!). We have friends east in Granby too, we usually go see them every year or so.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Cool Claude, thanks, no disrespect! I love your city, I've been there many times (mostly for bachelor parties!). We have friends east in Granby too, we usually go see them every year or so.
No problem at all Jimmy.
Boston is great as well. Went there a few years ago to see the Canadiens against the bruins. Very cool experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.